Outletlincs

Igdixon

My current project which is underway is installing several outletlincs in several locations throughout my home. Installation has been pretty straight forward so far but I'm having difficultly when it comes to controlling the outletlinc. I thought once I entered the address I would be able to control the device that was plugged into it from my ISY admin panel and my iPad. I was able to linc 1 outletlinc to a keypad linc so I would be able to control outdoor lighting but that's it. I'm not able to control those same lights from my iPad or admin panel, just from the linked keypad. Please help! Thanks!

Was the KeypadLinc button linked to the OutetLinc with an ISY Scene?

What happens when the OutletLinc is turned On/Off through the Admin Console? Does the Admin Console indicate a problem communicating with the OutLetLinc? Is there a red ! to the left of the OutletLinc mode in the My Lighting tree?

You must have linked the KeypadLinc to the OutletLinc directly with the Set button. That should not be done when using an ISY. The ISY It is not aware of those links and will eventually overlay or delete them. You have a communications problem. As on the other forum where you posted the same issue, it is likely the 2 120V legs are not coupled. The other possibility is the ISY PLM is plugged into a circuit that has other electronic equipment such as PC/UPS etc. If this is the case all that equipment should be put on a FilterLinc to keep the PLM signal from being interfered with. Run the Dual Band device test described in the device User Guides to verify the 120V legs are being coupled.

What ISY firmware is being used and how long ago were the OutletLincs purchased. They could be I2CS devices which require 3.2.2.

Look at the user Guide for the Dual Band devices you are using to couple the 2 120V legs. It describes the test process and what the test verifies.

Most houses in the US have 2 120V legs. Insteon signals have a hard time getting from one leg to another because they have to travel out to the utility transformer and back to get on the other leg. The Insteon signals are generally degraded by that time and cannot control devices power from the other leg. All of this is explained on every Sales page and every device User Guide. Dual Band devices are used to put the Insteon signals on the other 120v leg from where they originate.

Archived