Help Understanding Scenes – ISY-99

accessha

I’ve checked the wiki but I could use some clarification on setting ramp-rates and on-levels within a Scene. Here is a simple scenario:

Scene = Movie Time

Devices =

RemoteLinc Button #1 (Controller)

SwitchLinc (Responder)

LampLinc (Responder)

Apparently ramp-rates and on-levels can be set in three different areas of a Scene:

1) By selecting a Scene (in this case Movie Time)

2) By selecting the Controller

3) By selecting the Responder

If I’m missing something, please chime in.

1) If a Responder is selected, I’m assuming that you can only modify the Responders local ramp-rate and on-level. Correct?

2) If a Controller is selected you can modify the ramp-rates and on-levels of all devices in that Scene.

3) If the actual Scene is selected you can modify the ramp-rates and on-levels of all devices in that Scene as well.

So what is the difference between option 2 and 3?

Using the Movie Time Scene above I would like to accomplish the following simple task:

IF: Button #1 on the RemoteLinc is pressed On THEN: turn on the SwitchLinc and LampLinc with a ramp-rate of 8.5sec and an on-level of 80%.

How is this achieved? Do you adjust the ramp-rates/on-levels using option 2 or 3 above?

Additionally, the SwitchLinc and LampLinc are linked and their local ramp-rate = 1sec and local on-level = 100%. I don’t want these to change.

I believe I’ve tried each of the scenarios above without sucess. I suspect I’m making this much harder then it really is.

Thanks

Hello accessha,

Please see my comments below.

With kind regards,

Michel

I’ve checked the wiki but I could use some clarification on setting ramp-rates and on-levels within a Scene. Here is a simple scenario:

Scene = Movie Time

Devices =

RemoteLinc Button #1 (Controller)

SwitchLinc (Responder)

LampLinc (Responder)

Apparently ramp-rates and on-levels can be set in three different areas of a Scene:

1) By selecting a Scene (in this case Movie Time)

2) By selecting the Controller

3) By selecting the Responder

If I’m missing something, please chime in.

You are correct!

1) If a Responder is selected, I’m assuming that you can only modify the Responders local ramp-rate and on-level. Correct?

Correct

2) If a Controller is selected you can modify the ramp-rates and on-levels of all devices in that Scene.

Correct to some extent: you are modifying the on-levels/ramp-rates of all devices in that scene CONTROLLED by that CONTROLLER only. So, if you have two controllers in the same scene, then each controller has its own ol/rr s for each and everyone of the other members of the scene

3) If the actual Scene is selected you can modify the ramp-rates and on-levels of all devices in that Scene as well.

Correct

So what is the difference between option 2 and 3?

Option 2 is activated when you physically click on a controller (say a KPL). Option 3 is when the scene is activated by ISY, say your Sunset scene.

Using the Movie Time Scene above I would like to accomplish the following simple task:

IF: Button #1 on the RemoteLinc is pressed On THEN: turn on the SwitchLinc and LampLinc with a ramp-rate of 8.5sec and an on-level of 80%.

How is this achieved? Do you adjust the ramp-rates/on-levels using option 2 or 3 above?

Yes, you choose option 2: in the scene, click on your RemoteLinc button 1 and then change the ol and rr of your LL as you desire

Additionally, the SwitchLinc and LampLinc are linked and their local ramp-rate = 1sec and local on-level = 100%. I don’t want these to change.

They won't be changed unless you change them explicitly (wherever you see [Applied Locally])

Thanks Michel,

Now that I have my hands around the proper way to set ramp-rates and on levels, building Scenes has become effortless.

First time users would truly benefit from a wizard or some type of help tip. Maybe if you click on a Scene, Controller or Responder you could have some on-screen verbiage about which ramp-rates and on-levels the user is changing.

accessha,

You are 100% correct ... unfortunately - due to short release schedules and since we wanted to be completely functional in all levels - we put all the help/documentation/wizards for last. Hopefully, we'll get to it after our 2.7 release.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel,

Now that I have my hands around the proper way to set ramp-rates and on levels, building Scenes has become effortless.

First time users would truly benefit from a wizard or some type of help tip. Maybe if you click on a Scene, Controller or Responder you could have some on-screen verbiage about which ramp-rates and on-levels the user is changing.