Text Notifications

TJF1960

Was setting up a text notification and found that the subject line and only about 5 lines of the body are sent in the text. Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the phone carrier (sprint in this case) or a limitation in the ISY?

Thanks,

Tim

Was setting up a text notification and found that the subject line and only about 5 lines of the body are sent in the text. Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the phone carrier (sprint in this case) or a limitation in the ISY?

Thanks,

Tim

If you count the text message is it indeed with in the 140 character limit? Keep in mind all of the dates, times, and the repeated values are part of the 140 limit.

My crappy phone breaks down the alerts into 2 portions, which is really annoying. I can't wait to get my iPhone because it can be made to accept the entire message with out splitting it into 2 sms messages.

Teken . . .

Ah, that may be it. I didn't know there was a 140 character limit. Is that a text standard limitation or ISY limitation?

My phone breaks long texts into 2 or more as well. Do phones do that automatically on incoming texts or do they do that on outgoing texts? Or is that the provider that performs that?

Archived