PUSH & POP Device Status

ronbo

It would be nice to store (push) a devices curent status, so that it can be restored (pop) later.

For example.

When my alarm triggers, I turn all lights on in the house. When it is disarmed I would like to restore them to their previous state.

When I hit scene watch movie I turn off all light in adjacent room. When I stop the movie, I would like to put them back as they were.

ronbo,

Very good idea; I added it to our requirements list.

One question though: what happens if there are multiple programs which impact the same set of devices?

With kind regards,

Michel

It would be nice to store (push) a devices curent status, so that it can be restored (pop) later.

For example.

When my alarm triggers, I turn all lights on in the house. When it is disarmed I would like to restore them to their previous state.

When I hit scene watch movie I turn off all light in adjacent room. When I stop the movie, I would like to put them back as they were.

This reminds me of a discussion we had about having a "refresh" command that would re-send the "current state" of a device as reflected in the ISY database. We were talking in terms of power failures and noted that the ISY should bring the database up to date by reflecting scheduled activities that were missed during the outage. That way the refresh command is accurate for the current time and not just a snapshot of the states at the time the power failed.

This could be expanded to include an "override" scene such as an "all lights on". This scene would put the lights into a temporary state but would not update the ISY database. The database would continue to reflect the normal sate of the lights. If any sceduled events occur while the override scene is active, the state is updated in the database but NOT transmitted to the devices which stay locked in the override scene state.

When the override scene is cleared, a refresh is sent to all the devices controlled by the scene, which will restore the lights to the state currently in the ISY database and correctly reflect any scheduled events that occurred while the lights were locked by the override scene.

Since local operation of lights that are controlled by an active override scene would still be possible, those changes should be reflected in the database even when the override scene is active.

Archived