Scenes not working

Jeffg

I am trying my first Scene (actually been trying for 4 or 5 days) :(

I have a scene that contains one button from a Keypadlinc Relay and 2 ceiling lights switched with Switchlinc Relays. See picture below. If I select the scene in the left column, I can use the on and off buttons in the right section to turn on or off the two lights. But, I cannot turn the lights on or off using the "A" button on the Keypadlinc. I tried doing the same setup with a RemoteLinc, and got the same results.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

I know this can't be that hard, but it sure has me confused...

Jeff

Click the Red button A node just below the Scene name. Verify the On Level for both Responders is 100%.

How extensive is the Insteon installation? How are other Insteon devices working?

Are there Dual Band devices such as Access Points installed and verified to be coupling the two phases?

Both Responders are set at 100%

image3.jpg

There are 26 insteon devices. About 16 Switchlincs, the rest are lamplinc, or appliancelincs and the 1 KeyPadLinc. I do have 2 access points, one in the attached garage and the second in my workshop (about 80 ft from the house).

The insteon devices are working ok, even the wones in the workshop which are on a seperate meter. I had a problem when installing some of the Switchlincs and had them linked to another one. But finally figured out how to unlink them.

Verify the Access Points pass the 4 tap Set button test. One being on a separate meter may provide communication with the shop but not actually coupling the phases.

I would be concerned about the SwitchLinc Relays being I2CS devices but they would not be responding to the Scene name On/Off if they are without being on 3.2.4.

Do the KeypadLinc nodes in the My Lighting tree show Status changes as the KPL buttons are turned On and Off?

When the Scene is turned On/Off which turns the responders On/Off does KPL button A turn On/Off as well?

I would remove the KPL from its current location, connect it to an Appliance cord (plug on one end, bare wires on the other). Plug the Appliance cord into the same outlet as the PLM. Since the Scene turns the responders On/Off the KPL should do the same when powered from the same circuit as the PLM.

Archived