Date variable use in programs

jimtxas

How many others would like to see this?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How many others would like to see this?

• No
    • Yes
    • Don't Care

I'm sure this may have been asked before but i could not find the thread. Wondering when the ISY will natively support specific date interrogation. The device 'knows' the current date, we just want to use it in programs. There are dozens of programs i need this in from only turning devices off during a time of year, switching thermostat behavior during certain seasons, etc. Seems like it should be simple to allow this use in conditionals (i.e. If date between April 15 and August 15 then...)

Thanks for the link. I had seen that before but those are far more complex than i need nor want to maintain. For example, we have Christmas light outlets on the exterior of the house and we simply want to start automating that switch on/off at sunset then 5 hours after only from November 25 to Jan 2. Also we have porch and exterior lights automated year round but during 'moth season' we do not want to run that program starting april 5 through april 30, etc...

Best Regards

J

Hello J,

I am very confused. That's precisely what those programs do. You can put an OR for dates for the next 10 years. i.e. Christmas Time for the next 10 years. And, you can put those programs as conditions for Folders such as Christmas, New Years, Summer, Spring, etc. The programs you put in those folders will only run if the date conditions are satisfied.

If you are looking for conditions without year, we already have that on our list but with A VERY LOW priority simply because you can do the above (there's a workaround). In short, the only difference is to have a list of dates vs. no years.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived