Help With KPL Non-Toggle Mode

morgan4x4

I am having a terrible time trying to get My KPL (v1.6) buttons to configure as "ON" non-toggle buttons. When using my ISY-99 to modify, I set the LED on, and then choose Toggle-Off. The button state changes, but always ends up in the "OFF" state, where the off command is always sent.

Please help me figure out how to configure Non-Toggle buttons that send ON commands.

Thanks

Richard

Richard,

In addition to what Rand suggested (thanks Rand!), you may want to try our 2.6.1 Beta release which has more support for KPL 1.5/6.

My other question is: do you have the same issue with other KPLs (say, 1.4 or 1.65)?

With kind regards,

Michel

I am having a terrible time trying to get My KPL (v1.6) buttons to configure as "ON" non-toggle buttons. When using my ISY-99 to modify, I set the LED on, and then choose Toggle-Off. The button state changes, but always ends up in the "OFF" state, where the off command is always sent.

Please help me figure out how to configure Non-Toggle buttons that send ON commands.

Thanks

Richard

Hello Richard,

Thank you for finding this. We just verified that with 1.6 and above this function makes all buttons non-toggle off. The next step is to see if this is KPL related or ISY related. I shall keep you posted with the outcome.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, I am running 2.6.1, and all I have is v 1.6 KPLs (I am a somewhat new adopter).

Perhaps someone else can confirm that v 1.6 works?

Many thanks.

Richard

Hello Richard,

in the next drop, there will be a workaround for non-toggle mode for versions 1.6 and above with the following caveat:

Not all KPLs versions 1.6 and above behave the same!

With kind regards,

Michel

Looking forward to it, many thanks!

Curious, are the differences in KPL 1.6 behaviour variations in the 1.6 codebase, quality control issues, or diferences in hardware?

Appreciate the fast response and assitance!

Hello Richard,

My pleasure!

I really do not know the answer to your question. From our perspective, we have been given a memory map and that's what we base our design on.

With kind regards,

Michel

[quote name="morgan4x4

Looking forward to it' date=' many thanks!

Curious, are the differences in KPL 1.6 behaviour variations in the 1.6 codebase, quality control issues, or diferences in hardware?

Appreciate the fast response and assitance![/quote]

Archived