Cannot Control 2491T7E with ISY 994i Pro

rsstansbury

rsstansbury

Did you confirm with Help | About that UI shows 3.2.6? The ISY can be running 3.2.6 but the UI being at an earlier level would negate the I2CS support in the ISY 3.2.6.

Yes, I cleared cash this morning using the link that Nutty posted. I then deleted the stat and linked it again. No change. I intentionally blanked out IP addresses before posting.

post-3857-140474156057_thumb.png

Unfortunately I sent my Venstar back a few weeks ago. However, it was also an I2CS and functioned without issue except I had the integrated module which kept losing sync (design malfunction not hardware, the way the integrated module is placed the set button would occasionally get funky and screw everything up) so I returned for the new Smarthome one that came out.

There may have been a thermostat firmware update since then that is now having issues. I'm unable to confirm as I don't think I have any traces left from the old thermostat.

Unfortunately I sent my Venstar back a few weeks ago. However, it was also an I2CS and functioned without issue except I had the integrated module which kept losing sync (design malfunction not hardware, the way the integrated module is placed the set button would occasionally get funky and screw everything up) so I returned for the new Smarthome one that came out.

There may have been a thermostat firmware update since then that is now having issues. I'm unable to confirm as I don't think I have any traces left from the old thermostat.

When you say "new Smarthome one.." are you referring to the 2441TH? I've got to make a decision within the next few days as to what I'm going to do. I spoke to the Universal folks today. The Venstar 2391T7E is an I2CS device, From what I understand, Michel is working on a firmware revision. If I am going to return anything, I have to do it by the 14th. I'm debating whether to return just the tstat or the tstat and the ISY. A functional ISY with no compatible tstat doesnt do me any good. My preference would be to keep the ISY and get a tstat that is fully compatible, but I am runnning out of time.

Did you have any issues with the Smarthome replacement?

What controller are you using?

When you say "new Smarthome one.." are you referring to the 2441TH? I've got to make a decision within the next few days as to what I'm going to do. I spoke to the Universal folks today. The Venstar 2391T7E is an I2CS device, From what I understand, Michel is working on a firmware revision. If I am going to return anything, I have to do it by the 14th. I'm debating whether to return just the tstat or the tstat and the ISY. A functional ISY with no compatible tstat doesnt do me any good. My preference would be to keep the ISY and get a tstat that is fully compatible, but I am runnning out of time.

I'm using the ISY-994ir. I do have the newest 2441TH that is even less compatible at the moment then than the Venstar I was using. I did previously have the Venstar 2491T1E. The actual Insteon features worked flawlessly for me even though it was an I2CS device, at least I'm pretty sure it was. I had purchased mine on April 20th from Amazon though so perhaps I got a slightly older firmware revision that played nicer. The only reason I returned it was what I considered a design issue with the integrated module portion plus the new smarthome one that had came out was $30 cheaper then the 1 day and is supposed to come out with wireless master/slave thermostats in the future which I could benefit from greatly. The Venstar is still a great model in my opinion I just recommend for insteon uses getting the non-integrated version.

Is the tstat the only Insteon/X10 device you are planning to add for home automation? If so perhaps the ISY is over the top for what you want to accomplish ( I still love you guys Michel :P ) There are stand-alone thermostats that provide remote functionality and look pretty sleek. I personally was very tempted to get one of the ecobee thermostats but it didn't fit into my overall home automation scheme so it went out the window. Perhaps this would be a better option for what you want to do?

I had the "Smarthome" one (2441TH) and sent it back. Michel seems to be having problems getting it working properly with the ISY and suggests that a thermostat firmware update may be required. I also think the firmware has some other problems reporting and acting on temperature changes, although I haven't seen any other posts regarding this. I will wait until this thermostat is much more mature before purchasing it again. It does look "really" nice though.

Archived