Keypadlinc Status LED Follow Outletlinc Local On/Off

jsu1995

Question:

Is it possible to change status of a Keypadlinc LED when turning an Outletlinc On/Off via its set button?

Background Information:

I just added my first outletlinc (relay) to my system (ISY-99i Pro) and have linked one keypadlinc button to operate it. I wrote a simple program to command the LED status to follow the status of the outletlinc. To my surprise, the LED status does not change when operating the local On/Off command integrated into the set button at the Outletlinc. Is this normal?

"Is it possible to change status of a Keypadlinc LED when turning an Outletlinc On/Off via its set button?"

Unfortunately no. The OutletLinc Relay is a Responder only device. As such it does not indicate local changes to any other Insteon device. ApplianceLinc is in the same category of Responder only. A Responder only device can be identified by looking at the Quick Start and User Guide. There is information on linking the OutletLinc Relay as a Responder but no information on linking the OutletLinc Relay as a Controller which would be necessary for another device to be notified of a local change in status.

EDIT: the OutletLinc Dimmer will function as a Controller but the load must be dimmable.

Archived