Issue with formatting SD card

kjbbasic

I just purchased a ISY-994i Pro and was looking to use a 16GB micro SD card. With the card it came with I can login/set things up plus can telnet to the unit (so all looks fine). If I replace the card with the 16GB card I get the red error light plus can not telnet to the unit (cannot connect error/times out). This is the same behavior I see with 2 different 16GB cards I have. If I put the original card back in then things work fine. I'm running the latest firmware 3.2.6 (as reported by the ve command with the original card in). Any thoughts?

BTW, not sure I really need the 16GB but I had the cards...

...should have added that I tried resetting the ISY unit as well...no luck.

Yes, I read it. Two different 16GB cards give me the flashing red error (not mem plus error, just error). (tx, rx, and power lights are blue) The original card works fine I can telnet to the unit and login....just not with the "new" cards.

The error I see with the 16GB units is: Connecting to...Could not open connection to the host...connect failed...

It looks like it's not seeing the unit on the net. Why would it work the the original card and not with the new cards?

Direct LAN connection, no firewall, no antivirus.

It's almost as tho the original SD card has some needed "base" code (or causes the unit to act differently...basic connection)...should I be able to telnet to the unit without any card present? BTW I also tried formatting the card with Fat32 and using...formatted OK but same results with ISY.

Am I missing something/something basic here?

Remember that when coming up with a new SD card the ISY and associated configuration are gone. The IP address for telnet could be different, the Admin Console must be pulled from the UDI web site because it is gone, the ISY firmware has to be reloaded because it is gone.

Telnet is not working with the new card(s) When I install the new card and try and telnet I get the "Connecting to [address]... Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: connect failed.

The original card works fine (telnet and all else seem ok)...just swapping the card results in behavior I've described.

The ISY IP address is setup to be reserved based on the ISY MAC address via DHCP. I can ping the address OK (with orig or new card installed), just not telnet with new card.

Archived