TriggerLinc every so often doesn't trigger

ahwman

I have several TriggerLinc's in my home which for the most part work very well. However, once in a while they will not trigger correctly. This doesn't just happen with 1 particular TriggerLinc but all of them. Most of them are paired to Insteon dimmer switches, like in closet doors, pantry, etc. Sometimes the light will trigger when I open the door and not trigger when I close it and visa versa. The contacts are in the correct position and the batteries are new. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a bug or a hardware defect?

Thanks!

Chuck

Thanks for the reply Michel,

Yes, I have an access point in every room of my house. Again, for the most part my TriggerLinc's work very well with the exception of approximately 1 out of 50 times not triggering correctly. Perhaps this is just an instance of a wireless command sent from the TriggerLinc that never made it back to the Insteon switch?

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Chuck,

Yes, it could be. Another question: when the devices are NOT triggered, does ISY still see the status change for the TriggerLincs or is it that neither ISY sees the status change nor are the devices triggered?

With kind regards,

Michel

This happened again today where I opened a door with a TriggerLinc linked to an Insteon Dimmer, and the light never triggered. I immediately checked my ISY and sure enough the TriggerLinc showed as open which tells me that the signal never made it to the Insteon dimmer or the dimmer never responded. Fortunately this doesn't happen often, however it would still be nice to understand why this is happening in the first place...

I've checked my log files and it's very difficult to nail down the exact instance of when the TriggerLinc didn't trip the Insteon light. That said, I did check other instances and didn't notice a lot of activity at that time. The next time this happens I'm going to note the exact time so I can check it in the log file.

Archived