General questions...

jmed999

I may be able to help with a couple of these:

What does "Show Device Links Table" mean?

I understand that this causes the ISY to query a particular device and display all the links stored in that device.

As opposed to

What does "Show ISY Links Table" mean?

I understand that this displays the links that the ISY thinks is associated with a particular device. Both should be identical, but can diverge for various reasons. I believe that the ISY uses these two results in the "compare" function.

In the evolution of devices over the life of Insteon, the Insteon protocol has evolved. Starting with I1 (Insteon 1), followed by I2 (Insteon 2), followed by the latest I2CS (I2 Checksum). Depending on when the device was manufactured it will have been built around one of these three protocols. This is known as the device engine. The Query Insteon Engine refreshes the information the ISY has recorded for what engine each device contains. The device engine dictates how the ISY interfaces with each device.

Where do you see devices in Italics? In the upper section of the My Lighting tree where all the device nodes are listed or the lower section where the Scenes and related device nodes are listed? Are the device nodes a different color when in Italics?

Where do you see devices in Italics? In the upper section of the My Lighting tree where all the device nodes are listed or the lower section where the Scenes and related device nodes are listed? Are the device nodes a different color when in Italics?

Both. Seems like they are the same color.

Use the print screen command on you keyboard (hold the blue "fn" key and the "print screen" button). This turns the contents of your screen into a picture and holds it in memory. Then paste (control v) the picture into a photo program and save it. Then you can upload the photo to a web hosting service and put the link into your post.

I am running Java 6 as there were problems with Java 7. In the case of the selected item the Italics give it some additional visual difference. The Italics have no meaning to the ISY.

It's not only the selected item that is in italics. Other items go to itlalics depending on what device is selected.

I see that Landscape Lights are not Italics, Fish Pump is Italics. Also the Primary KeypadLinc node of Upstairs - Main is not in Italics, Downstairs - Main is. Also the Primary Nodes are Blue which would indicate a Responder only which they are not. Abscent other information I take this to be an issue with Java 7.

Membership shows the Scenes if any the node is associated as a Responder or as a Controller. I do not have the words "responder to". What level ISY firmware is being used? If 3.2.6 run Help | About and verify Firmware and UI lines both say 3.2.6.

post-973-14047415649_thumb.jpg

It means the node is a Responder to the Scene. A SwitchLinc, which is a Controller/Responder, can be assigned to a Scene as a Responder. When defined as a Responder the SwitchLinc does not function as a Controller for the Scene even though the SwitchLinc has Controller capability.

The posted image has no Scenes listed under "Is Responder to".

All-

FWIW, on my Mac with Java 6 I see Red Italic for controllers of a scene and Blue Normal for responders of a scene. Outside of a scene definition no Italics at all.

-Xathros

post-1437-140474156498_thumb.jpg

Archived