Replacing a v36 KPL with a new KPL v.40 - is it automagic?

johnnyt

Hi,

I picked up browsing the message board that the new Keypadlincs with firmware v.40 provide the ability to turn off buttons on a second KPL. I have a few "pairs" of KPLs that I'm looking at replacing for that very reason so I wouldn't have to count on programs and the inherent delays that result from that approach to handle this much used functionality.

Question is will I be able to use ISY's "Replace with" function to go from a v.36 to a v.40 KPL or did they become too different for that to work now?

I can't see myself moving if I have to start from scratch. I would also like to know this so I know whether or not I'm going to be S.O.L. if I end up having to replace a defective (v36) KPL with a new (v.40) one.

Thanks.

The Replace xxxx with ..... function can change KeypadLincs with different firmware so long as they are the same basic configuration (6 button or 8 button).

Install the new KeypadLinc under a device Name that will be deleted by the Replace with function.

Right click the old KeypadLinc Primary node, select Replace xxxxx with ....

A list of candidates that can replace the old KeypadLinc should appear. The old KeypadLinc Insteon address is not referenced so the old KeypadLinc can be removed before running the Replace.

Archived