Home Theater Lighting

stillen_i30

Has anyone tackled using the ISY with IR (or IRLinc) and a Logitech (or similar remote) for home theater lighting scenes?

Tried setting this up with my Logitech harmony, but the software requires downloading all setting changes to the remote before you can test things out...making the process delayed and cumbersome.

I found this video on youtube which is exactly what I want to accomplish (minus the Siri stuff).

Anyone know of a writeup they can point me to? I think one of my bigger problems is setting up the delays on the remote since I already have the codes for my IRlinc downloaded into the remote, but they do not work when initiating macros. I have a "MovieTime" button which is supposed to fire up the whole system in DVD mode AND mess with the lights but the lights part is not working. Thanks.

I have successfully controlled lighting from a logitech remote (and others) via IRLinc. Unfortunately, it was some time ago and the specific steps are not fresh in my mind. I recall that the general approach was to program individual buttons from the remote to be recognized by the ISY, then trigger programs from those button presses.

I would need to refresh my memory when I have access to the ISY.

I think one of my bigger problems is setting up the delays on the remote

Why not add the delays to an ISY program turning on the lights?

Archived