Daily QueryAll command turning ioLinc Sensor ON

daxiang28

After a bit of debugging, I noticed that I would get alerts stating that my garage door was open after 3AM and linked the problem to when the QueryAll program was being run. Any ideas why it does that. Also, what's the purpose of the QueryAll? Do I need to run it daily?

Steve

daxiang28

Along the same line as Michel mentioned with a slightly different variation. Normally the I/O Linc Sensor sends an On command when the Sensor turns On and sends a Off command when the Sensor turns Off. If the Trigger Reverse option is used, just the opposite happens. When the Sensor turns ON an Off command is sent and when the Sensor turns Off a On command is sent.

The problem with using Trigger Reverse is a Query returns the actual state of the Sensor, not the command reversed indication. At 3 AM the true state of the Sensor is returned. The Query returns a Sensor state opposite to the last command received. Makes it look like the door moved when it is only a change to actual Sensor state rather than the command reversed state.

The solution is simple. Use the other pair of wires on the magnetic switch and turn Trigger Reverse Off. No ISY Programs need be changed. The same command On/Off relationship to door open/close exists when making both changes. However, now the default command operation is restored. Sensor On results in an On command and Sensor Off results in an Off command and the Query will not change that state.

hen making both changes. However, now the default command operation is restored. Sensor On results in an On command and Sensor Off results in an Off command and the Query will nol change that state.

Thanks everyone for clearing that up!

My garage door sensor isn't the armored one, just a standard 2 wire magnetic sensor. Is there a way to flip it so that I don't have to do Trigger Reverse (I have it connected to three keypads as a sensor indicating if the door is open). Now the light stays on with all the keypads unless I check Toggle Reverse.

Steve

No, not with that particular magnetic switch. They are available in NO and NC variants. It would be necessary to obtain one that is opposite to what you are currently using. I did not characterize what you are using as the terminology depends on how the magnetic switch is used. When used in security situations they are referred to one way, in non-security situations they are referred to in the opposite way. I do not remember which is which. One refers to NO when the magnet is next to the reed, the other refers to NO when the magnet is away from the reed.

Of course the version that comes with the garage kit which contains both a NO and NC contact can be purchased from Smarthome separately from the garage kit.

Archived