ISY 994i/IR Pro/PowerLinc Modem Combo to work for SOMFY RTS?

mikeyngo

Hello all,

I just recently purchased a ISY 994i/IR Pro/PowerLinc Modem Combo to help control lighting and garage. I been searching and googling but could not get an answer on how SOMFY RTS wireless motor would work on this setup... I'm planning to get my blinds motorized and found SOMFY RTS to be a good item. However, to get it to communicate with my ISY 994i/IR Pro, is there any other interfaces I would need to puchase to get it working?

Also, by doing this, this would allow me to control my blind setup on my iphone as well?

Any help is appreciated. I'm really excited on my new purchase. Thank you.

Hey Michae,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I read Autelis solution, however my question is what interfaces/devices do I need to purchase to control my blinds with the ISY 994i/IR Pro/PLM?

Autelis solution was the shade control for SOMFY RTS that has web interface. However, doesn't ISY 994i/IR Pro has a web interface as well?

I apologize, I'm just confused.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello mikeyngo,

No problem at all ... these things tend to be confusing.

What you need is Network Resources Module (Help | Purchase Modules on the Admin Console). Once you have that, then your ISY can communicate with Autelis (as per their instructions). Once integrated, then you can use ISY programs to do anything you wish including having one of your INSTEON devices control the shades and/or use the web interface to control your shades.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thank you for your valuable reply,

So this is what I need?

1. ISY 994i/IR Pro/PLM

- Network Resources Module (Help | Purchase Modules on Admin Console)

2. Autelis Shade Control (199.99)

3. Somfy 1810872 Universal RTS Interface II, 16-Channel (488.94)

4. Somfy RTS Motors?

Do I need the Autelis Shade Control and the Somfy Universal RTS Interface II to control my motors or can I just use either? If I can use either, whats the difference between them?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Archived