If
       Time is Sunset  - 30 minutes
   And Status  'Garage Doors / Joey's Garage - Sensor' is Off

Then
       Send Notification to 'Joey text' content 'Joey's Garage Door'
       Wait  5 minutes 
       Set 'Garage Doors / Joey's Garage - Relay' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

This has been working great until yesterday. When the "then" runs I get the text and it waits 5 minutes. I also waiting in the garage and once the five minutes is up it light comes on my garage door opener but the garage door doesn't move. The I/O Linc must be working or the garage light wouldn't come on.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

What is the latch mode? Is that something with the IO linc or something to do with the garage door opener itself? It worked great for a couple weeks. Now it works most of thes time but sometimes just the garage door light comes on but doesn't close the door. Both of my garage door openers are doing this.

Latch mode is an I/O Linc Relay option. In Latch mode the relay does not turn Off automatically. An explicit Off command has to be sent to turn the Relay Off.

What is the momentary timeout value? With the opener light coming On the opener got a simulated button press but did not move.

What type of door controller is being used? Simple push button or multi button controller.

When the Light turns On but the door does not move is that the Program running that is in this post or some other means of directing the door to move.

The momentary timeout value is 2 when the set options window first open but then quickly changes to 0.

I'm using momentary C

I just have a regular push button garage door opener. It just has an open/close button, light button, and a lock button. I think the lock button locks the door open or closed but not sure as I have never used it.

Yes, I'm using the program in this post.

Any suggestions?

The momentary mode timeout value display is not correct. This is expected to the fixed in the next beta drop. What was it set to originally?

The momentary timeout value may be having a problem moving the door and not interfering with the multiple button controller.

The only programmatic moving of the garage door occurs at Sunset -30 using the posted Program?

The momentary mode timeout value display is not correct. This is expected to the fixed in the next beta drop. What was it set to originally?

The momentary timeout value may be having a problem moving the door and not interfering with the multiple button controller.

The only programmatic moving of the garage door occurs at Sunset -30 using the posted Program?

I think it was originally set to 2 seconds.

Yes that is the only program moving the garage door.

BTW, they worked great tonight but who knows how it will work tomorrow.

The most common garage door control is a single NO button connected to two wires. Pressing the manual button shorts the two wires together. The I/O Linc Relay is simulating a manual button press, shorting the two wires together.

With a three button controller using 2 wires it is no longer a simple short the 2 wires together to accomplish three different functions.

The momentary timeout value can be played with to see if a value can be found that is reliably interpreted as move the door by the door opener.

The absolute way to insure reliable operation is to connect the I/O Linc Relay wires across the Controller button that causes door movement.

Archived