Can you set Variables or Notifications via REST?

daxiang28

I was wondering if it was possible to set variables or the content of notifications remotely. Say for example, I wanted to send an alert to an Elk keypad and I have the Network Module ping a page for data. Is there a way to get that data into the system via REST or the Network module? Been scouring the forums and haven't seen anything about it.

Steve

Hi Steve-

As long as the data is Integer, you can /REST it to a var then use that var in a custom notification. No String type vars yet. If there are a limited number of possible string values, you could create separate customized notifications for each then pass an integer index to select a notification.

-Xathros

Hi Steve-

As long as the data is Integer, you can /REST it to a var then use that var in a custom notification. No String type vars yet. If there are a limited number of possible string values, you could create separate customized notifications for each then pass an integer index to select a notification.

-Xathros

Thanks Xathros. Do you know the path structure for variables? I could not find it in the wiki.

Steve

Archived