Cannot log in to ISY this morning -

jcthorne

I get the admin console and it asks for my userid and password but upon entering it the screen freezes. Waited 15 minutes but no response. Only task manager can shut it down. ISY shows no error lights and the Rx and PLM lights flash like they are communictating.

Any ideas how to get back in?

jcthorne,

Please try: http://www.universal-devices.com/27 and if this solves the problem then clear your Java cache.

With kind regards,

I get the admin console and it asks for my userid and password but upon entering it the screen freezes. Waited 15 minutes but no response. Only task manager can shut it down. ISY shows no error lights and the Rx and PLM lights flash like they are communictating.

Any ideas how to get back in?

jcthorne,

I'm not sure if this is relevant:

Some time after upgrading to V2.6 I experienced a lockup where I couldn't get the ISY's attention (couldn't bring up the Web page). At this time the ISY was trying to communicate with something on the LAN (lights flashing furiously). I recovered by resetting the ISY (a couple of times) and found a "autoupdate error" in the Java console.

Thread located here: http://www.forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=704&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

As I said, I'm not sure if this is the same problem - If you are seeing a lot of lan activity, you might try cycling power to the ISY.

IM

Thanks for the suggestion Indy. Did not help and my symptoms are a bit different. I show very little lan activity although there is some Insteon activity going on as the plm is flashing some. I did try resetting both the isy and plm several times by powering down and letting them 'reboot'.

The ISY is not performing timed events either for the last several days. I can get its attention as the initial web page comes up. I can enter my userid and password in the html version and see my devices and scenes. Its when I try to enter the admin console that it locks up the window.

On a hunch that it might be Java related, I removed jave runtime from my system, went to sun and installed the latest update. Still doing the same thing.

Any ideas what I do now?

jcthorne,

I think we have exhausted all possibilities; if your console locks up in both cases, then it must be ISY itself unless it's your computer. Please do be kind enough to send your shipping information/serial number to support@universal-devices.com and we'll send you a new unit immediately. I do hope that you have your latest backup!

In the meantime, may I humbly suggest trying the same on a another computer.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for the suggestion Indy. Did not help and my symptoms are a bit different. I show very little lan activity although there is some Insteon activity going on as the plm is flashing some. I did try resetting both the isy and plm several times by powering down and letting them 'reboot'.

The ISY is not performing timed events either for the last several days. I can get its attention as the initial web page comes up. I can enter my userid and password in the html version and see my devices and scenes. Its when I try to enter the admin console that it locks up the window.

On a hunch that it might be Java related, I removed jave runtime from my system, went to sun and installed the latest update. Still doing the same thing.

Any ideas what I do now?

jcthorne,

I think we have exhausted all possibilities; if your console locks up in both cases, then it must be ISY itself unless it's your computer. Please do be kind enough to send your shipping information/serial number to support@universal-devices.com and we'll send you another unit immediately. I do hope that you have your latest backup!

In the meantime, may I humbly suggest trying the same on a another computer.

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas what I do now?

I will try from my wife's computer and/or send the serial number as soon as I get home from Kuwait next week. I have access to my computer from here but not hers. Thanks for the help.

And yes I do have a relatively recent backup..Will be more current in the future :?

jcthorne,

Have a safe trip. In case you have the same issue from your wife's computer, please don't worry about the serial number as we can find it by your name. Simply send us your shipping information and the unit should be there by the time you are back from your trip.

With kind regards,

Michel

I will try from my wife's computer and/or send the serial number as soon as I get home from Kuwait next week. I have access to my computer from here but not hers. Thanks for the help.

And yes I do have a relatively recent backup..Will be more current in the future :?

• 2 weeks later...

I am back home and decided to try and get my insteon network up and running again. Tried to access the old ISY from my wife's computer and it locks up just the same, immeadiatly after entering username and password.

Installed new ISY that you shipped me. Loged in fine. Updated to new 2.6.2 firmware, set userid and password and then restored backup.

Now locks up the same as the old one. Also does it from my wifes computer.

I now have two bricked ISY-26s and a mostly dead insteon network. Any suggestions on where we go from here?

Hi jcthorne,

I am so very sorry to hear this.

The only way to isolate the problem is if I can log in remotely to your ISY. Would you be kind enough to enable Internet Access and then send me the URL to your ISY ( support@universal-devices.com ).

If you have a UPnP router, you can enabled Internet Access by issuing EI in the shell/telnet. Otherwise, you will have to do it manually for port 443 (https):

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=635

With kind regards,

Michel

I am back home and decided to try and get my insteon network up and running again. Tried to access the old ISY from my wife's computer and it locks up just the same, immeadiatly after entering username and password.

Installed new ISY that you shipped me. Loged in fine. Updated to new 2.6.2 firmware, set userid and password and then restored backup.

Now locks up the same as the old one. Also does it from my wifes computer.

I now have two bricked ISY-26s and a mostly dead insteon network. Any suggestions on where we go from here?

Archived