iSY 99 login problem after firmware upgrade

mcrean

Hello,

I am using a Mac with OS X 10.5.2 Leopard.

I bought the iSY 99 yesterday and programmed it all up. I noticed the leap year date problem and upgraded the firmware this morning. Since then I was not able to log into it. The browser would say the server is not responding. I put in the local IP without the port and I could log into it, but it was upset about a security certificate, then if I click on one of the program tabs, it locks up Safari. in the end I have done a factory reset. When i go to ~evices.com/99i, I can't log in with admin/admin, it acts as if it is the wrong password.

Help.

Hello mcrean,

Please use http://www.universal-devices.com/27 and let me know if you can access your ISY.

If you have any bookmarks, please change them to the value of My URL (Help->About).

Also, please use http://www.universal-devices.com/ssl/insteon to install a new certificate (Generate and Install New Self Signed Certifcate).

With kind regards,

Hello,

I am using a Mac with OS X 10.5.2 Leopard.

I bought the iSY 99 yesterday and programmed it all up. I noticed the leap year date problem and upgraded the firmware this morning. Since then I was not able to log into it. The browser would say the server is not responding. I put in the local IP without the port and I could log into it, but it was upset about a security certificate, then if I click on one of the program tabs, it locks up Safari. in the end I have done a factory reset. When i go to ~evices.com/99i, I can't log in with admin/admin, it acts as if it is the wrong password.

Help.

Ok, can you give me a quick lesson on the SSL Certificate? I understand the purpose, but I can't seem to generate/install one correctly. I have Safari and Firefox on my Mac. Do I need to install one for each browser, or just once. It does not seem to be doing the trick. After I log into My Lighting, it tells me about the default certificate and says I should disable internet access (which it already is). I try to generate and install the new certificate, but it does not help.

mcrean,

Do you have this problem with your bookmarked version of the URL or with http://www.universal-devices.com/27 ... in all likelihood, your MAC is still using the old Applet and thus you have to clear the Java Cache on your MAC.

You need to install the cert only once regardless of the number of browsers you have.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok, can you give me a quick lesson on the SSL Certificate? I understand the purpose, but I can't seem to generate/install one correctly. I have Safari and Firefox on my Mac. Do I need to install one for each browser, or just once. It does not seem to be doing the trick. After I log into My Lighting, it tells me about the default certificate and says I should disable internet access (which it already is). I try to generate and install the new certificate, but it does not help.

Michel,

Any word on our problem? Also, on my PC when using the local IP applet, when I click on the Configuration tab, then click another tab, then click back to Configuration, the list of pagers disappears.

Michael Crean

Hello Michael,

The person in charge of MAC does not work on the weekends. I shall keep you posted with the result of our testing as soon as I have something to report.

As far as going back and forth between the tabs: if you do it really quickly, then in some cases you will lose the list of pagers; this is a known bug with a VERY low priority.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Any word on our problem? Also, on my PC when using the local IP applet, when I click on the Configuration tab, then click another tab, then click back to Configuration, the list of pagers disappears.

Michael Crean

Hi Michael,

As promised, here's the update:

Indeed there is a bug in 2.6.2 using MAC and it's (so far) isolated to the progress bar in MAC. This should be fixed in the next drop.

Thanks so very much,

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Michael Crean

Archived