Release 3.3.3 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hello all,

I am happy to announce the availability of our 3.3.3 (Beta) release! For a list of changes, please take a look at this post. This is a minor release.

Know Issues

- None

Things to test:

- UDP and especially UDP network resources

- FanLinc options

- KeypadLinc sub button anomalies

- 2477SA1 linking problems

- 2441TH/2441ZTH (requires restore device or remove/add device)

- IOLinc sensor status

- Irrigation Module

- SSL/HTTPS

Important Information

1. Important Brultech module is no longer supported on ISY99 Series. Please contact sales@universal-devices.com for options

2. Important NetBios removed from ISY99 Series. You can no longer access ISY by going to http://isy on Windows

3. Important If you have a 994, you will need to re-install a certificate. Please review ISY994 Series Advanced Network Security Configuration for more information.

4. Important We have removed SSLv2 support (very insecure) from ISY99/ISY994. Unfortunately, the only protocol supported by MAC with Java 1.6 is SSLv2. As such, you MUST upgrade your MAC to Java 1.7 (Software Update)

4. Please note that Safari does not support SSL session reuse and thus might take an exorbitant amount of time to communicate with ISY. As such, when using 2048 bit SSL, it's best not to use Safari.

5. If you are using the Irrigation Module and are upgrading from releases prior to 3.1.5, you must edit the programs using Irrigation variables and save the programs again. Irrigation module is no longer on promotion

6. Upgrading from 3.1.3 and below: If you are using WeatherBug Module's Rain Today in your programs, please note that the precision has changed from 1/10 to 1/100 and thus your programs might not run properly

7. For a discussion of variables, please look at our Program Variables forum.

Instructions:

1. Please backup your ISY (File | Backup ISY). If you are backing up a 3.1.6 system, please note that the backups are corrupted. If you have a backup from prior releases, you should be OK

2. Please download the firmware for your platform - please do not unzip

ISY 99i Series

ISY 994i Series

3. Login to the Admin Console and choose Help | Manually Upgrade [the name of your system]

4. Choose the file saved in step 2

5. After the upgrade, ISY reboots. Please do ensure to clear your Java Cache

6. IMPORTANT Once upgrade is completed and ISY reboots, use any of the following methods to access your ISY's Admin Console:

a. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin - applet --- Security Warning: Due to recent Java security problems, it's best to always use method #d

b. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp - Java application

c. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.3.3 - applet --- Security Warning: Due to recent Java security problems, it's best to always use method #d

d. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.3.3/admin.jnlp - Java application Best method to access Admin Console

Dashboard - not fully supported

- http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3. ... board.jnlp

8. Please backup your system again

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

2441TH owner here - AWESOME! Thermostat seems to be properly reporting now. No more manual refreshed for me. Interestingly - I had to remove and readd the device - a 'Restore' did not do it for me.

I'll let you know about the IO Linc bug - I just noticed the other day my Garage Door kit was reporting the door closed before the door was actually closed when I initiated the close thru the ISY.

Michael.

Hello CodeMonkey,

You may want to note that this update will only install if you are using port 80 for the ISY. Can you please confirm this?

Are you specifically referring to the HTTPS port?

In all cases, no, you should be able to install using any of the ports (http/https) ports you have configured for your ISY.

With kind regards,

Michel

Upgraded with no issues.

MaxRainRate WB mvar is now populated properly.

Both of my IOLinc Sensors are now working properly.

IOLinc Options display correctly after a change.

-Xathros

I just checked my weather module and see that Evapotranspiration, Irrigation Requirement and Yesterday's Water Deficit all had the identical value of -214748.352. I'm still running the V1 irrigation module.

Again, firmware is 3.3.3, UI is 3.2.6

mike

Upgraded ISY99IR from 3.3.2 to 3.3.3. Rather lengthy startup after upgrade. I guess it was querying all my devices (?).

My IOLink #2450 options settings now seem to work correctly. In the past, the settings for things like momentary settings did not work. Now working perfectly.

Having Scene/Programming issues with the beta software and 994i and setting up a new house. I am seeing two things;

First when I setup a scene through the ISY and assign controllers (new keypadlincs) no matter what the scene settings are for dim, it always goes to 100%.

Second, scenes that include the "load" buttons in the scene do not control those loads even though they are in the scene on the same keypad.

This seems like really simple stuff, never had a problem like this before.

Any help???

Thanks!

Hello alphamale78,

Need a little more clarification.

First when I setup a scene through the ISY and assign controllers (new keypadlincs) no matter what the scene settings are for dim, it always goes to 100%.

a. What goes to 100%?

b. What's controlling #a? Is it when you click on the switch itself? through ISY? through another controller in the scene?

Second, scenes that include the "load" buttons in the scene do not control those loads even though they are in the scene on the same keypad.

This is a little confusing:

1. What's NOT controlling the loads? Same questions as above.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a scene with say 1 light (responder), 1 controller (keypad). The light in the scene are set to 50% so when I hit the scene from the ISY it works as expected light comes on to 50%. From the keypad the light goes on to 100% no matter what the scene settings are.

Second, I have a scene with lights. The lights in the scene are set to say 50%. The lights are also the "load" for the keypad. If I make the A button on the same keypad a controller of the scene, no matter what it can't control that load. If I add say another controller into the scene it works just fine, also works fine directly from the ISY.

thanks for taking a look at this and let me know if I've answered your questions.

I have a scene with say 1 light (responder), 1 controller (keypad). The light in the scene are set to 50% so when I hit the scene from the ISY it works as expected light comes on to 50%. From the keypad the light goes on to 100% no matter what the scene settings are.

Second, I have a scene with lights. The lights in the scene are set to say 50%. The lights are also the "load" for the keypad. If I make the A button on the same keypad a controller of the scene, no matter what it can't control that load. If I add say another controller into the scene it works just fine, also works fine directly from the ISY.

thanks for taking a look at this and let me know if I've answered your questions.

alphamale78

With Insteon each Responder has a different set of On Level and Ramp Rate values for each Controller. Turning the Scene On through the ISY the PLM is the controller which is what the 50% On Level was set for. To set a 50% On Level when the KeypadLinc button is pressed, click on the KeypadLinc button node name below the Scene name and set the On Level and Ramp Rate values for when the KeypadLinc button is the Controller.

alphamale78

What is being referred to as Scene settings apply when the Scene is turned On/Off with a Program or the Admin Console. When a Scene has multiple Controllers (the PLM is always one Controller), each Controller has a unique set of Responder On Level and Ramp Rate settings. I cannot tell from the posted image as it does not include the left side which would show whether the Scene name is selected (which makes the Controller the PLM) or whether another Controller is selected.

Click on a Controller node name (KeypadLinc button) below the Scene name for another set of On Level and Ramp Rate values that apply when the KeypadLinc button is pressed which makes the Controller the KeypadLinc button.

Each Controller of the Scene has a separate set of On Level and Ramp Rate values for each Resonder.