Record and Replay

stephan

Hi all,

is there a feature available with which I can record my light behavior over a period of time and then replay it later for instance for when I am going on vacation ?

I have it programmed now to behave similar to what we usually do for vacation times, but I think it would be even cooler if I could record it and play it back because this would ACTUALLY reflect the past behavior.

Thanks for any comments

Stephan

This may be more trouble than it is worth, however you could write programs that turn variables to 1 or 0 to correspond to off/not off of the lights in question. Then run io_guys program on a pc that is used to sync the cai webcontrol board with ISY. But don't worry about the webcontrol board. The program has a logging function. IO_guys program log can then be downloaded into excel or some other program where the data can be analyzed. You can run graphs of each variable on the y axis and time on the x axis. This will be quite obvious when the light is off/not off based on the line being at 1 while not off and 0 when off.

It wouldn't be that much work if you were only doing 10 or 15 lights.

I have created graphs tracking 3 variables on ISY and it is pretty easy and only takes 5 or 10 minutes to get it all in a nice pretty graph if you are familiar with excel. You can set io_guys program to record the value of the variable at intervals of as little as 1 second or much higher (not sure the max but it is at least in the many minutes range if not hours or days). I would suggest logging every minute.

Archived