Installing 99i/ir

keswani

:(Running Windows XP and have a 2Wire Router 2701HG-B. Using Norton. I just installed the ISY-99i/ir and associated PLM. I can see "My Lighting" in My Network Places, but when I double click this icon, I get an initial "Universal Devices - Please keep this window open!" window and that is as far as it goes. Does not go to the authenticate screen. Have even tried it with the firewall turned off.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 6 months later...

I had the same symptoms as described above with a refurb ISY 26 I just received.

I tracked down the problem to be that Firefox 3.0.1 did not recognize the Java plug in. I changed my default browser to Microsoft Internet Explorer and all worked OK.

I downloaded Java from the UD site and a newer version from SUN. When I go to Control Panel / Java I see that I have multiple versions installed and activated on the target windows PC. I have read that it is OK to have multiple versions installed.

I am convinced my problem is with Firefox / Java interaction (actually lack of it).

I use Firefox as my primary browser so I will continue to investigate and post a solution once I find it.

Regards,

Doug

I found a fix....

Here is the thread that describes the fix...

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5184552

Following the advice from the above link

I copied npoji610.dll (in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\) and pasted it to Firefox plugins folder (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\)

I set Firefox as my default browser and everything works OK now.

Interesting that the bin folder (and associated dll) for jre 1.6.0_05 release was on my PC however I did not have a bin folder for jre1.6.0_07 release. Perhaps the installation of the newer Java release was not complete and caused the recognition problem? In the folder (under program files\Java\) that holds jre1.6.0_07 code all I have is the lib folder for the newer jre1.6.0_07 release. There is nothing else - no bin folder.

Regards,

Doug

Doug, thanks so very much!

With kind regards,

Michel

I found a fix....

Here is the thread that describes the fix...

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5184552

Following the advice from the above link

I copied npoji610.dll (in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\) and pasted it to Firefox plugins folder (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\)

I set Firefox as my default browser and everything works OK now.

Interesting that the bin folder (and associated dll) for jre 1.6.0_05 release was on my PC however I did not have a bin folder for jre1.6.0_07 release. Perhaps the installation of the newer Java release was not complete and caused the recognition problem? In the folder (under program files\Java\) that holds jre1.6.0_07 code all I have is the lib folder for the newer jre1.6.0_07 release. There is nothing else - no bin folder.

Regards,

Doug

Archived