Phillips Hue Support

ajiuo

I did have it as an integer. I just set it as a state but still no luck.

Go to the variables section, State tab and change the value of Hue_Lights to 2

Does your program fire?

If not, rename the variable on the State tab, save then go look at the program.  Did the name change there as well?  If not, then your program is lookin at the wrong variable.

Many of use use s.Varname or i.Varname convention to make identifying a variable type easier since you can have both a State and Int vars with identical names.

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

Yes it is in a folder. There are no conditions for the folder. It is blank for both. I did change the name of the variable and the program name did change with it. I also set the variable value to 2 and the program turned on the lights.

In that case, you are not double clicking the switch fast enough to generate a fastOn or the PLM is not receiving the fastOn from the controller.

Open the event viewer, set it to level 3 and do a few fastOns at that switch.  Post the trace.

-Xathros

I cannot manually click the fast on since I am at work. I am watching the lights via ip camera. I was clicking the fast on under the isy admin console for the living room. Not sure if that would make a difference.  Here is a clip from the event viewer.

Mon 01/19/2015 03:07:00 PM : [std-Direct Ack] 1B.23.57-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2 Mon 01/19/2015 03:07:00 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [1B 23 57 1] [sT] [255] uom=0 prec=-1 Mon 01/19/2015 03:07:00 PM : [ 1B 23 57 1] ST 255

I cannot manually click the fast on since I am at work. I am watching the lights via ip camera. I was clicking the fast on under the isy admin console for the living room. Not sure if that would make a difference.  Here is a clip from the event viewer.

Mon 01/19/2015 03:07:00 PM : [std-Direct Ack] 1B.23.57-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2 Mon 01/19/2015 03:07:00 PM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [1B 23 57 1] [sT] [255] uom=0 prec=-1 Mon 01/19/2015 03:07:00 PM : [ 1B 23 57 1] ST 255

AAAAAAAAHA!

That won't work.

The Control Switched Whatever... only works when the control itself is manually operated.  When you send a FastOn from a linked device (in this case the PLM) the control is NOT coming from the device but from a remote source.

This WILL work when you get home and double tap the paddle :)

-Xathros

Ok great. Thank you. I tried it yesterday by the switch and it wasn't working but I think that is because I had it set as a integer and not a state. Apparently I wasn't thinking straight. Thank you again guys for all your help. I will try it when I get home and let you know. I still cannot wait for there to be a hue module for the isy. Have a great day.

Ok great. Thank you. I tried it yesterday by the switch and it wasn't working but I think that is because I had it set as a integer and not a state. Apparently I wasn't thinking straight. Thank you again guys for all your help. I will try it when I get home and let you know. I still cannot wait for there to be a hue module for the isy. Have a great day.

As always, happy to help.

Let us know if you need further assistance

-Xathros

What I actually find helpful which might help others is I used two variables for each of my lights. One variable control of the action and the other controls whether it is on or off. So s.Hue1OnOff will be 1 if on 0 if off. Then s.Hue1Action will be 1 for on white, 2 is on purple, 3 is color flow, etc. that way it breaks things out by one variable to show if it is on or off and then another to actually make it do whatever you want.

I find this is beneficial because that way if I turn them on from a keypad and then use the app to make it to go to music or other effects, the ISY sees the on off as 1 meaning on. That way you don't have like different variables that don't match what the lights are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I actually find helpful which might help others is I used two variables for each of my lights. One variable control of the action and the other controls whether it is on or off. So s.Hue1OnOff will be 1 if on 0 if off. Then s.Hue1Action will be 1 for on white, 2 is on purple, 3 is color flow, etc. that way it breaks things out by one variable to show if it is on or off and then another to actually make it do whatever you want.

I find this is beneficial because that way if I turn them on from a keypad and then use the app to make it to go to music or other effects, the ISY sees the on off as 1 meaning on. That way you don't have like different variables that don't match what the lights are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I define rooms and logic states as constants which could be applied to your colours.

Use integer variables named thusly $cTrue, $cFalse, $cGathering_Room, $cMaster_BR etc.. I assign them values like 1,2,3,4,5 etc..

In my programs I can use them like this.

If

$Last_Room.motion = $cMud_Room

Then

--

This may work well in your colour schemes

If

HueLamp1 = $cPurple

Then

Set $HueLamp1.colour = $cRed

Else

--

Of course the $HueLamp would be a state variable with a program triggered by any change to it and it would write the change to the bulb control.

If

$HueLamp1.colour = 0

Then

run program to set bulb to  Off

Else

Run program2

program2 (disabled)

If

$HueLamp1.colour = $cRed

Then

run program to set bulb red

Else

run program3

etc...

Now your variable also  controls the bulb colour just by changing the variable. You would have to define a wack of colour constants and don't forget to install in the init column for ISY reboots.

Magic? No, just ISY doing everyday things!

Just got a Hue Hub with some bulbs and seem to be stuck at the beginning here

The Android apps appear to be working OK.

For the ISY things seem to be dependant on getting this App key. I don't have an Apple product and can't run a curl command. I can get the "CLIP API Debugger" running but none of the URL's seems to function in it.

Using the debugger, when I "post" or "get" using "/api" as a URL, I get back a .json file. Finally managing to open it in notepad it reads "not supported in resource, error 4". I have pressed the Hub button many times just before but no joy.

Any clues to this and how do I discover this key and/or other parameters needed to make the interface work in ISY?

Just got a Hue Hub with some bulbs and seem to be stuck at the beginning here

The Android apps appear to be working OK.

For the ISY things seem to be dependant on getting this App key. I don't have an Apple product and can't run a curl command. I can get the "CLIP API Debugger" running but none of the URL's seems to function in it.

Using the debugger, when I "post" or "get" using "/api" as a URL, I get back a .json file. Finally managing to open it in notepad it reads "not supported in resource, error 4". I have pressed the Hub button many times just before but no joy.

Any clues to this and how do I discover this key and/or other parameters needed to make the interface work in ISY?

Hi Larry-

The key bit is an obsolete hack that doesn't work anymore.  The current method involves creating an allowed "user".

First, you will need to know the IP address of your Hue hub.

With a browser, goto: http://<bridge ip address>/debug/clip.html substituting your Hub's ip address.

In the URL Filed enter: /api

In the Body Field enter: {"devicetype":"test user","username":"isy994user"}

Go push the button on the Hub then click post on this form.

If you don't receive an error, you have just created your user.

Now you can issue commands from the isy with a network resource as follows:

post-1150-0-12806000-1422211173_thumb.jpg

Go here: http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/getting-started to learn more.

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

post-1150-0-12806000-1422211173_thumb.jpg

Hi Larry-

The key bit is an obsolete hack that doesn't work anymore.  The current method involves creating an allowed "user".

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-25 at 1.38.38 PM.jpg

Yes! Thank you one more beer!

The initial posts need to be updated so others don't get caught on it. Your screen shots are not openable on two Win 7 PCs.

I need to mention for others to select "Raw data" in the Network Module.

I have my 4 Hues working. ISY interface is not too elaborate yet. Passed parameters would be real nice!

Hurry v5!  Don't be late!!

Larryllix - perhaps you would be willing to write up your steps here as end-to-end solution for newbies, then you could post a new thread 'getting started with hue' that includes that guide?

PS yes I am being lazy and trying to avoid doing what you just did (starting from first principles :-) )

Ok, I figured it out  :-)

I have taken a different approach.  I set up multiple scenes in the hue app, setting each light how I want in the scene. This means I don't need to mess with coding the light values in the ISY.  I just call the scene I want to set the light colours.

Specifically the path is  '/api/isy994user/groups/1/action' the body is '{"scene":"52f28e5f7-on-0"}' where the number is the scene I want to recall, this sets the lights to on if they off and sets the colours.  so long as you have created your groups and scenes this is a good way to go, it also means if the wife edits either with the app I don't need to recode the settings in the network resource.

For the built in scenes there is only a scene on, for the scene I just created it created a second scene which was the off version (in this case 3038b856c-off-0) I am not sure if this is an artefact of a particular version of the hue iOS app.

Got to say this is my first time with a json SDK, hope they are all this easy to understand (I have zero programming skills).

Ok, I figured it out  :-)

I have taken a different approach.  I set up multiple scenes in the hue app, setting each light how I want in the scene. This means I don't need to mess with coding the light values in the ISY.  I just call the scene I want to set the light colours.

Specifically the path is  '/api/isy994user/groups/1/action' the body is '{"scene":"52f28e5f7-on-0"}' where the number is the scene I want to recall, this sets the lights to on if they off and sets the colours.  so long as you have created your groups and scenes this is a good way to go, it also means if the wife edits either with the app I don't need to recode the settings in the network resource.

For the built in scenes there is only a scene on, for the scene I just created it created a second scene which was the off version (in this case 3038b856c-off-0) I am not sure if this is an artefact of a particular version of the hue iOS app.

Got to say this is my first time with a json SDK, hope they are all this easy to understand (I have zero programming skills).

I didn't have much time to play with it yet but had thought that may be a way to accomplish the lighting settings somewhat. I am on vacation right now and cannot test..

The scenes sound like a better way for some applications but are he scenes stored in the hub? If they are on your cell phone it would have to be in the vicinity and nearby. Can you test this to prove the scenes are in the hub?

Hi Larry, yes the scenes are in the hub, well sort of -  the pre-defined scenes you see in the iOS and android app are only in the app, until the point you try one, then the scene definition is created in the API structure on the bridge. However the actual setting for each light in each scene is stored in each individual light.  All the group and scene command does is tell all the lights in group X to apply scene Y.

Detail

The command to fetch the scenes is /api/isy994user/scenes/  now what is interesting is there is a maximum number of 200 scenes and the least used one will be deleted if this is hit. I have noticed that if you create a scene in the iOS app and then say add 2 lights to that scene it actually does a scene copy. 

So for example I had a Seahawks coloured scene with 3 lights, I just added another 2 lights and I ended up with a new scene, so in this example the 5f scene was created some weeks ago, the c1 scene just got created.  Of course this breaks my idea that I can let the wife edit scenes from app because now it means I would have to change the numerical string in my network resource (the name: is not unique).

What is interesting is the colour state for any scene is not actually stored in the scene definition but in the lights themselves and  while it is possible to poke the scene info in alight via the API it is not possible to retrieve it, so trying to create and edit scenes from the ISY would be a fricking night mare.

"52f28e5f7-on-0": {
  "name": "Seahawks on 0",
  "lights": [
   "1",
   "2",
   "3",
   "5"
  ],
  "active": true

},
 "c18f499f3-on-0": {
  "name": "Seahawks on 0",
   "1",
   "2",
   "3",
   "5",
   "6",
   "7"
  ],
  "active": true

One more thing to note is the use of groups - which is inherent to how I did this, I can't find any way to create groups from the hue app, I think my group was created by my revolv hub when I had it.

as such you may need to create the group from API - however this remains static, when I added the extra 2 lights I had to manually edit the group to include the two new lights - this is because over the API one only seems to be able to assign a scene to a group.  My group structure looks like this:

{
 "1": {
  "name": "OutsideFront",
   "1",
   "2",
   "3",
   "5",
   "6",
   "7"
  ],
  "type": "LightGroup",
  "action": {
   "on": true,
   "bri": 254,
   "hue": 47124,
   "sat": 253,
   "effect": "none",
   "xy": [
   ],
   "ct": 500,
   "colormode": "xy"
  }
 }
}

I assume the bri, hue, sat, xy, ct and colormode settings are for when a scene is not applied - i.e. if a group is told to turn on then it uses these defaults.

good luck!

Oh I discovered how to create the off variant of the scene.

Open the iOS app, navigate to you scene, tap the scene, tap off.

This will create an off scene with all the lights.

Now one will have an on and off scene that can be recalled.

And according the API it is impossible to edit a scene, an edit will copy the old scene and create a new one with the new settings - why on earth they did that way is beyond me.... means each light has to store data for settings of upto 200 scene variants, I assume this is because they envisage the hub going away at some point?

• 3 weeks later...

I found this bulb comparison that seems to support my disappointment with the Philips Hue pseudo colours.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159514

Note the comparison is using of an older, lower power, Limitless LED bulb

It seems to support, by measurements, the lack of blue and green production abilities of the Hue bulbs. I am looking to try the other brand of bulbs and their compatible RGBW LED strips despite it's lower brilliance and colour resolution. I doubt I would ever need the 64K colour shades offered by Hue anyway and at this point in time none of these bulbs really do well at area lighting anyway. The hubless  WiFi support sounds appealing also.

Archived