How to add my Venstar Thermostat To Elk tab

jblackst5000

How do I add my Venstar thermostat to the Elk tab in the Universal Device Admin Console. My Venstar thermostat appears as a device under main in my lighting. I have my Elk interface installed but do not know how to add the thermostat when I select the Elk tab. Under the Elk tab there are three tabs: "Area" "Output" and "Thermostats". I do not know how to add my Venstar thermostat there.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Jim Blackston

Thanks Michel Kohanim,

I thought about your comment on why I would want to add an Insteon Thermostat to Elk. I guess you are right...I do not need to do that. What brought this up to me is that I downloaded "Launch M1 To Go" from Elk and there is a thermostat tab on there. I was just trying to get my Insteon Venstar thermostat to be included in that software. I also have EKPro installed on both my iPhone and iPad and I can access Elk, Insteon, Thermostat from there.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Jim Blackston

How do I add my Venstar thermostat to the Elk tab in the Universal Device Admin Console. My Venstar thermostat appears as a device under main in my lighting. I have my Elk interface installed but do not know how to add the thermostat when I select the Elk tab. Under the Elk tab there are three tabs: "Area" "Output" and "Thermostats". I do not know how to add my Venstar thermostat there.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Jim Blackston

Hi Jim,

The thermostats in the Elk/Thermostats tab reflect thermostats defined in Elk, not thermostats defined by the ISY. If you want access to a thermostat defined in Elk, do the following:

1. Define the thermostat in ElkRP by giving it a name under Automation->Thermostats.

2. Close ElkRP, or disconnect the connection from ElkRP to the Elk System.

3. Do 'Refresh Topology' from the Elk Config panel in the Admin Console for the ISY.

4. You should now see your thermostat(s) in the Elk/Thermostats tab in the ISY Admin Console.

Archived