Setting a rule to a scene

ejh3

Has anyone had this same issue?

Beyond the now-occasional communication problem or operator error, never. I have experienced no indication that there is some inherent flaw or bug with the ISY that would prevent creation of scenes, for any device, at any time.

I upgraded my firmware to 3.3.4, but still couldn't get the I/O linc to work with my keypadlincs.

Like LeeG, I thought your issue was with concern about toggling options. Is this a new problem? Were you having it before upgrading to 3.3.4? What are the symptoms (any error messages? Red exclamation points? Green symbols?) when you try to create scenes?

Soooo,

I upgraded to 3.3.5 last night,but didn't have a chance to mess around with the programming.

When I get home tonight I plan to unlink the (2) 6 button keypadlincs I manually programmed

to operate/monitor the garage door.

After upgrading last night I noticed that in the left side of the screen where all the devices are listed,

the newer (6) button keypadlincs only showed one address. This is different than the (8) button

keypadlinc dimmers that show the (8) additional devices/addresses below them......does that make sense?

Thanks,

Ed

Yiiiiiiiiiipppppieee! I got my Garage scene to work after upgrading to 3.3.5., not exactly sure what caused all the previous complications. Thanks for EVERYONES help on this!

Now on to one of my first complex programs.

What I would like to happen is the following:

When I come home at night and I open the garage door via my iPhone, I want the Garage Floods (X10device), Garage Overhead lights (Keypadlinc), and Kitchen overhead (Keypadlinc). After 10 mins I want the Garage Floods and the Garage Overheads to go out, but leave the kitchen Lights on.

Would the programming look somewhat like the following?

If

From Sunset

To Sunrise (next day)

And Control 'Garage Sensor' is switched On

Then

Set 'Garage Flouresent' On

Set 'Garage Flood Light' On

Set 'Kitchen Flouresent' On

Wait 10 minutes

Set 'Garage Flood Light' Off

Set 'Garage Flouresent' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Thanks in advance for your expertise! You guys are

I expect this program to work EXCEPT when you happen to open the door less than 10 minutes before sunrise. If sunrise were to occur during the program wait period, it would trigger the program evaluation, turn false, halt the wait, and execute the "else" path. In other words, the lights would remain on indefinitely. One way to solve this is to add a step to turn your lights off in the "else" path.

I didn't quite get your last reply, what exactly would you suggest I put in the else command?

A series of commands to turn off any light that you want off once the sun rises and don't want left on all day. The bigger point is that (unless you have another program that handles this) the two garage lights and kitchen lights will be left on indefinitely from this program should sunrise occur within the ten-minute wait period. If that is acceptable to you, then no action need be taken. If you want to make sure they will not be left on all day, put three commands in the "else" path to turn the three lights off.

While there may be other ways to handle this type of condition, I find this simple and effective.

Or simply move the contents of the Then path into a separate disabled program and call it from the ten path of the first program so that it won't be effected by status changes in the first program.

-Xathros

Ok,

Programming went on without a hitch. However, there is one thing I would like to change/modify. The way it is programmed

right now, if the garage door is up at Sunset the lights come on for the 15 mins. What would you recommend that I put in

the program that would tell the ISY "if the garage door is open during senset, don't turn the lights on. Only turn the lights on

if the garage door is opened after sunset". Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Ed

I will confirm this is on "Status" when I get home this evening

Your original program used "control":

If

From Sunset

To Sunrise (next day)

And Control 'Garage Sensor' is switched On

Then

Set 'Garage Flouresent' On

Set 'Garage Flood Light' On

Set 'Kitchen Flouresent' On

Wait 10 minutes

Set 'Garage Flood Light' Off

Set 'Garage Flouresent' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I do not believe that this condition would cause lights to come on at sunrise, regardless of door condition. It sounds like you made changes to your program. Did you change it from "control" to "status"? Did you add anything to the "else" path.

Perhaps you should post your latest program.

Archived