Unbale to backup

deirwin

I am trying to back-up system but it stops at the same point and I get the same message: Could Not Retrieve File CONF/NET/1.RES

I recently added the Onkyo network codes into network resources. Not sure if related. Also resently been having issues with some lights not responding consistently and keypads blinking and not working, then working. Again, not sure if it's related or not...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cannot help with the backup as it looks like a .res file is missing. Has nothing to do with intermittent device communication.

Devices that are not responding, KPL buttons which blink some of the time, which indicates the KPL did not get a response from one or more of it responders, all indicate an Insteon comm problem. Look for something new, an appliance, a charger for a cell phone, additional electronics, new noise suppressing power strip, etc.

Also run 4 tap Set button test on Access Points to insure coupling is still working.

Hello deirwin,

LeeG is 100% correct on both counts.

Please go to Configuration | Networking | Network Resources and make sure you have a Resource with ID=1. If you do have it, please open it with Resource Editor and make sure it has contents and re-save it.

If that does not work:

1. telnet to ISY

2. login and at the prompt type:

RF CONF/NET/1.RES

With kind regards,

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Lee G, I'm not sure how you knew, but Network Resources ID 1 was blank. I don't have the correct code for it, so I simply duplicated another and pasted it, and that allowed me to back-up. Thanks.

I am unable to find documentation on the 4 tap set button test. I found initial set-up using 4 presses, but nothing describing how to do the test. The manual does not have that. Can you please point me in the direction?

And BTW Michel, thanks for the high-level of support and a great product!

The 4 tap Set button test is described in the Access Point User Guide. There is a link to the User Guide on the Smarthome sales page for the Access Point.

The 4 tap Set button test does not create any links or do any configuration. It simply puts one of the Access Points into a test mode where it sends a repeated RF message. By looking at the LED on the other Access Point(s) the blinking and color pattern indicates if it is in RF range and if it is on the opposite 129v leg (phase).

Archived