Release 3.3.5 (RC2) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hello all,

I am happy to announce the availability of our 3.3.5 (RC1) release! For a list of changes, please take a look at this post. Although a minor release, it's packed with important enhancements such as SSL communications with ELK (requires ISY994 PRO series), UI Themes for accessibility, and improved file system performance.

Know Issues

- None

Things to test:

- SSL Communications with ELK which requires ISY994 PRO Series (Configuration instructions)

- File | Themes

- File system and programs

- Din Rail Dimmer/Relay

- Micro On/Off and Dimmer

994i ZS Series

- Invalid attributes

Important Information

1. Important Brultech module is no longer supported on ISY99 Series. Please contact sales@universal-devices.com for options

2. Important NetBios removed from ISY99 Series. You can no longer access ISY by going to http://isy on Windows

3. Important If you have a 994, you will need to re-install a certificate. Please review ISY994 Series Advanced Network Security Configuration for more information.

4. Important We have removed SSLv2 support (very insecure) from ISY99/ISY994. Unfortunately, the only protocol supported by MAC with Java 1.6 is SSLv2. As such, you MUST upgrade your MAC to Java 1.7 (Software Update)

4. Please note that Safari does not support SSL session reuse and thus might take an exorbitant amount of time to communicate with ISY. As such, when using 2048 bit SSL, it's best not to use Safari.

5. If you are using the Irrigation Module and are upgrading from releases prior to 3.1.5, you must edit the programs using Irrigation variables and save the programs again. Irrigation module is no longer on promotion

6. Upgrading from 3.1.3 and below: If you are using WeatherBug Module's Rain Today in your programs, please note that the precision has changed from 1/10 to 1/100 and thus your programs might not run properly

7. For a discussion of variables, please look at our Program Variables forum.

Instructions:

1. Please backup your ISY (File | Backup ISY). If you are backing up a 3.1.6 system, please note that the backups are corrupted. If you have a backup from prior releases, you should be OK

2. Please download the firmware for your platform - please do not unzip

ISY 99i Series

ISY 994i Series

3. Login to the Admin Console and choose Help | Manually Upgrade [the name of your system]

4. Choose the file saved in step 2

5. After the upgrade, ISY reboots. Please do ensure to clear your Java Cache

6. IMPORTANT Once upgrade is completed and ISY reboots, use any of the following methods to access your ISY's Admin Console:

a. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin - applet --- Security Warning: Due to recent Java security problems, it's best to always use method #d

b. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp - Java application

c. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.3.5 - applet --- Security Warning: Due to recent Java security problems, it's best to always use method #d

d. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.3.5/admin.jnlp - Java application Best method to access Admin Console

Dashboard

- http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3. ... board.jnlp

8. Please backup your system again

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

I upgraded from 3.3.4. The upgrade seemed to progress normally however, after a few minutes (20) I noticed that my programs were still not running. I could not access the admin console. I checked ISY and noticed PWR, TX, and RX LEDs on solidly. Since I use a 2413 PLM, I have a separate power supply for ISY. I cycled power to ISY and everything is working properly. I have had this problem occur in the past when I upgraded firmware.

When this occurs and after cycling power to force a reboot, can I assume that the upgrade completed successfully or should I re-flash the firmware?

I verified that scene test now works as expected. Thank you!!

Greg

Hi Lee,

Thank you for the suggestion. I thought of that also and checked that the proper version (3.3.5) was listed in both firmware and UI callouts on the About window. It was. Since these were correct after I cycled power to ISY and accessed the Admin Page, my thought was that the firmware upgrade had proceeded normally but that the programmed reboot at the end of the upgrade process possibly didn't happen. My GUESS (without any facts to back this up) was that ISY programs triggered and running at the time of upgrade may stop the reboot phase of a firmware upgrade and hang ISY.

For me, this is not a problem as my ISY is 10ft from my desk. A user trying to upgrade remotely may not be as happy if they would need to travel to their site to power-cycle ISY. I do have many programs running at all times and I don't know if I'm the only person experiencing this behavior occasionally. I might just have a flash card beginning to fail??

If it matters, my pro/IR is about 4-years old with no slot in the metal case to remove the flash card (easily). I have the Weather and Networking modules installed. I am awaiting delivery of a 994 pro/IR upgrade unit :D to maintain upgradeability and not because of any problem with my 99i pro/IR.

I couldn't be happier with ISY, UDI , and especially the support received from you and other members of this forum.

Greg

Trying to set up SSL for Elk but having no luck.

Visiting http://www.universaldevices.com/99i/3.3 ... board.jnlp (or substituting other earlier versions) gives a page not found error.

Hi apostolakisl,

The URL you are using (I am not sure where you got it from) is not correct. There's a '-' between universal and devices. So,

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3. ... board.jnlp

With kind regards,

Michel

Trying to set up SSL for Elk but having no luck.

Visiting http://www.universaldevices.com/99i/3.3 ... board.jnlp (or substituting other earlier versions) gives a page not found error.

Hi apostolakisl,

The URL you are using (I am not sure where you got it from) is not correct. There's a '-' between universal and devices. So,

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3. ... board.jnlp

With kind regards,

Michel

Hmmmm. I clicked on the link in the security guide tutorial. Despite the fact that the dash is there when you see it written on the page, when you click on it the web browser ignores the dash. http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/I ... 0Guide.pdf Perhaps because the dash is at the end of a line and it interprets that as a dash to indicate it wraps to the next line rather than being part of the URL. It even does it when you cut and paste (which is what I did). I'm using Chrome, not sure if IE would also do it.

Perhaps you could reformat that the URL fits on one line of the page.

Upgraded from 3.3.4, so far no issues.

[edit]

OK, well, I do have one issue - but it's not really an ISY firmware issue.

I have two machines. On one machine the admin program loads fine, normal, no issues.

On my other machine it says "Not Found" every time it starts. The first time it was blank, but I clicked "add" added the URL and successfully opened the admin program. Now when I click the admin.jnlp shortcut it says "Not Found" but lists the URL and opens fine when I click it.

This was working fine until I loaded Waterfox as a browser and tried to upgrade to 64-bit Java.

Unfortunately 64-bit Java messed up a couple other things and I uninstalled it and went back to "regular" 32-bit java.

All my other stuff works and the ISY admin program works - I just get the "not found" on startup.

Any suggestions on how to restore the full startup functionality would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Upgraded from 3.3.4, so far no issues.

[edit]

OK, well, I do have one issue - but it's not really an ISY firmware issue.

I have two machines. On one machine the admin program loads fine, normal, no issues.

On my other machine it says "Not Found" every time it starts. The first time it was blank, but I clicked "add" added the URL and successfully opened the admin program. Now when I click the admin.jnlp shortcut it says "Not Found" but lists the URL and opens fine when I click it.

This was working fine until I loaded Waterfox as a browser and tried to upgrade to 64-bit Java.

Unfortunately 64-bit Java messed up a couple other things and I uninstalled it and went back to "regular" 32-bit java.

All my other stuff works and the ISY admin program works - I just get the "not found" on startup.

Any suggestions on how to restore the full startup functionality would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Is your computer that fails to connect on a different subnet? That will cause it to not find automatically.

If that isn't it, try rebooting the router.

Is your computer that fails to connect on a different subnet? That will cause it to not find automatically.

If that isn't it, try rebooting the router.

Nope, same subnet. IP address last octet is consecutive...

I'll try the router reboot.

Thanks.

update: no change after rebooting the router.

Just upgraded from Rel 3.2.6 to Rel 3.3.5 RC2. So far so good, no issues. Even got the 2441TH going. Gee, think I'll raise the temp from the comfort of my favorite chair ( just because I can ).

:wink:

Is it me or is the CURRENT Status not reflecting correctly?? I do a query and all is fine on the individual devices??

Maybe it just needs to run through a 24 hr cycle to update??

There is a check box on the configuration page if you want a system query on reboot. Otherwise device status stays blank until the device is involved in some activity or is queried.

You can also write a program to run a query based on whatever "if" events you want.

I keep getting stuck with a System Busy dialog up. The progress bar is stuck and it doesn't go away. It finally went away after I went to diagnostics and was reading back the PLM link table, then clicked stop. When I clicked stop it went away. I have not found a pattern yet for when it happens, but it seems like it is when I try to do something before an action has finished. I think I also saw it when I was updating a device and an unexpected insteon event happened (someone turned on a light). Anyone else seeing this?

Edit:

I also had to do the upgrade twice. (Upgrading from 3.2.6). The first time, everytime the ISY attempted to change a keypad LED brightness, it would corrupt the keypad. After going back to 3.2.6, it was fine. The second upgrade seemed to be okay and doesn't exhibit this problem. One additional thing is that the "new folder" button is missing an icon on my machine.

Jacob