Release 3.3.5 (RC2) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

I also tried deleting one of them, and re-adding it to the ISY by calling it a 2420M-SP instead of the auto discovery. Same result.

New test: I added the Switchlinc to the ISY, so now both the motion sensor and the SL are linked, and I told the ISY to keep the links. It did, and created a new scene with the SL and the sensor inside after adding the device.

Now, motion *will* turn the SL on/off but still doesn't report anything to the event log, and it does NOT change the ISY status of the SL from off to on. If I query the SL once the sensor turned it on, the ISY correctly sees the SL as on. The 30 second timer I have on the sensor turns the switch off but again does not change the ISY status of the SL, nor does it send anything to the event logs for the sensor.

If I do the button test again on the sensor the SL goes on/off but doesn't log. To be clear, neither the SL or the sensor logs on either motion or the button test.

I have a couple new 2441ZTH units (arrived two days ago) ...rev 1.2, FW 0D and am having problems getting them setup. Specifically no temperature readings shown in ISY for either unit. Humidity seems fine. I've tried factory reset/reinstalling the device(s), clearing the cache, etc. No luck One unit is running off of battery, the other off of an adapter.

Link table for one is:

0 : 1FF8 : E2 EF 1F.25.3C FF 1F EF

1 : 1FF0 : E2 01 1F.25.3C FF 1F 01

2 : 1FE8 : E2 02 1F.25.3C FF 1F 02

3 : 1FE0 : 00 00 00.00.00 00 00 00

Events are:

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:00 PM : [iNST-TX-I2CS] 02 62 1F 10 2A 1F 2E 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 92 96

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:00 PM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 1F.10.2A 1F 2E 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 92 96 06 (02)

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:00 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 1F.10.2A 1F.25.3C 2B 2E 02 (02)

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:00 PM : [std-Direct Ack] 1F.10.2A-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:01 PM : [iNST-ERX ] 02 51 1F 10 2A 1F 25 3C 11 2E 02 01 02 09 04 1E 00 50 27 00 EF 20 3C 92 11

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:01 PM : [Ext-Direct ] 1F.10.2A-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=1, Hops Left=0

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:01 PM : [ 1F 10 2A 1] CLISPC 160

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:01 PM : [ 1F 10 2A 1] CLISPH 120

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:01 PM : [ 1F 10 2A 1] CLIHUM 39

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:01 PM : [iNST-TX-I2CS] 02 62 1F 10 2A 1F 2E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D2

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:01 PM : [iNST-ERX ] 02 51 1F 10 2A 1F 25 3C 16 2E 02 01 02 09 04 1E 00 50 27 00 EF 20 3C 92 11

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:01 PM : [Ext-Direct ] 1F.10.2A-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=2, Hops Left=1

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:02 PM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 1F.10.2A 1F 2E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D2 06 (00)

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:02 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 1F.10.2A 1F.25.3C 2B 2E 00 (00)

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:02 PM : [std-Direct Ack] 1F.10.2A-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:03 PM : [iNST-ERX ] 02 51 1F 10 2A 1F 25 3C 11 2E 00 00 01 00 EF 27 03 E1 00 00 0A 05 04 00 00

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:03 PM : [Ext-Direct ] 1F.10.2A-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=1, Hops Left=0

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:03 PM : [ 1F 10 2A 1] CLIMD 0

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:03 PM : [ 1F 10 2A 1] CLIFS 8

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:03 PM : [ 1F 10 2A 1] UOM 2

Mon 12/10/2012 08:36:03 PM : [iNST-ERX ] 02 51 1F 10 2A 1F 25 3C 12 2E 00 00 01 00 EF 27 03 E1 00 00 0A 05 04 00 00

...which seems to show no temp is being reported?...

I'm running 3.3.5 on a ISY994i (checked UI and FW, setup is OK).

Any ideas? Am I missing something here? Again, I've trying resetting/reinstalling and always get same results.

Thx.

Hello dec3169,

The fact that ISY could hear events from your SWL even though it had not been registered in ISY is extremely troubling. In fact it should be impossible otherwise you have found a security hole (PLM must NOT pass traffic for devices which are not linked to it).

So, this brings me back to LeeG's excellent observation: in all likelihood your PLM is full. Furthermore I venture to say that perhaps you are using an old PLM that at one point was linked to your SWL.

Hello kjbbasic,

It usually take a minute before you get temperature readings. Are you saying that you are not getting and readings whatsoever?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello dec3169,

The fact that ISY could hear events from your SWL even though it had not been registered in ISY is extremely troubling. In fact it should be impossible otherwise you have found a security hole (PLM must NOT pass traffic for devices which are not linked to it).

So, this brings me back to LeeG's excellent observation: in all likelihood your PLM is full. Furthermore I venture to say that perhaps you are using an old PLM that at one point was linked to your SWL.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel and Lee,

Yes - the PLM was full (yet again). I stopped the counting when it got over 1400, and just did the Restore Modem. That worked, and now both of my new sensors are linked. As for the SWL - it is new and had never been linked up. I'm curious as to why we wouldn't see messages in the event viewer for it though, as it is an Insteon device that is sitting on the power circuit that the PLM is monitoring. I would expect the ISY to see messages from that device, but I wouldn't expect a wireless motion sensor to be able to control it if the sensor isn't linked. Now obviously the PLM *did* pass instructions to the SWL from the sensor but I didn't see them in the logs. I suppose it is possible that with a full PLM the sensor was actually linked but couldn't send log messages, but I don't know that for certain.

I wish there was an easier way to do the PLM restore. I have about a dozen wireless devices (motion and triggers) and I have to put them in linking mode before doing the restore. Those devices are all over my house in hard-to-reach places, and one is outside as well. The restores are very painful for me.

I also wish that the PLMs could handle more links. I had to severely change my goodnight programs to help bring my link count down. I used to have 3 zones, each having about 10 devices to control for goodnight. Zone 1 would turn lights on that I need to go upstairs, zone 2 would turn other lights off, and zone 3 would get the outlying lights such as the garage or porches. I had scenes built so I could turn zone 1 on, and then go back and set timeouts/status variables once the lights were on. Now I have to run individual programs to accomplish that, and with the necessary wait functions the timing of my program is much more difficult and lengthy. I did the same for turning a zone off - turn a scene off first and deal with the variables later. It was nice to have all the necessary lights in a zone come on or off at the same time using a scene, but those scenes cost me a lot of links on the PLM. Same for my fanlincs. If you control a fanlinc with a KPL you can have a lot of links if you want the LEDs to act properly on the KPL. I had a scene with HI/MED/LO/OFF LEDs, individual scenes for the levels, and some multiples like HI/LO, and had the fan motor linked in each one as well. That one fan cost me more than a dozen links because I wanted the KPL button for HI to light if I turned the fan on HI, and I wanted MED, LO, and OFF to turn off. Now without the scenes I run multiple programs which end up taking around 10 seconds to get the LEDs the way I want them.

I have plans for 7 fanlincs with KPLs, so I will really have to be careful on the number of links/scenes. Is there another way to get more links, like maybe adding another PLM or something?

Thanks Lee and Michel for all the help. I need things fixed quickly when I have issues, so that I can keep the wife happy or at least indifferent. Otherwise I'll start to really hear about all these high-tech toys that we don't need. I'm too invested monetarily to change back (and I don't want to anyway), so I try to make things as easy as possible for her and throw a few things in that she will enjoy. The lamplinc hooked to the back of our bed that controls a low wattage LED reading light is a real hit. I put a KPL inside of a caddy on the headboard that controls the lamplincs (one for me too), the ceiling fan, the bedroom light, and a stand-up fan on an appliancelinc. I also got an X10 big red button that will control the lamplinc so she can just touch the side of the bed to turn it on or off. I even color-coded her lamplinc button on the KPL so she can just hit the green button in the middle of the night without really seeing the text on the button. Things like that help keep the WAF at a good level.

dec3169

No way to get multiple PLMs on the same ISY. I have multiple ISY devices each with its own PLM which might be an option if the house could be divided into non-overlapping device allocations between the ISYs.

There have been no rumors about a larger PLM in the works.

The latest KeypadLinc firmware now allows an On command to turn Off Secondary KPL buttons which can eliminate the need for all the extra Programs and Scenes needed to get Secondary KPL button LEDs to respond as needed.

The latest KeypadLinc firmware now allows an On command to turn Off Secondary KPL buttons which can eliminate the need for all the extra Programs and Scenes needed to get Secondary KPL button LEDs to respond as needed.

I'm guessing the ISY does not support this yet? I have recently-ordered KPLs including the new dual-band relay, but I only get LED Brightness options when I pick a secondary button when making a program (first drop down Insteon, second drop down KPL Secondary Button, third drop down has only LED brightness options). If that's the case, do we know a timeline for supporting it?

Vyrolan

The reference to turning Secondary buttons Off with an On command is related to a Scene Responder. For years many devices could be sent a Scene On with 0% On Level and have the device turn Off. Secondary KeypadLinc buttons were the exception. The KeypadLinc firmware turned the Secondary button LED On regardless of the Responder On Level. Starting with v.40 firmware sending a Scene On to a Secondary KPL button with 0% On Level turns the button Off. This single change means it is not longer necessary to have special Programs and Scenes dedicated to setting certain KPL Secondary buttons Off.

One of the examples discussed by the user was a FanLinc controlled from multiple KPLs. Within the same KPL it has been possible for Secondary button A turning On to turn Secondary buttons B,C, D Off. Works great when the Secondary buttons are controlling FanLinc Motor speed. The problem arises when more than one KPL is being used to control the FanLinc motor speed. KPL 1 button A turning On could not turn KPL 2 button B,C,D Off with a responder 0% On Level. It required triggering Programs on KPL button press with the Program issuing a Scene Off to control the other KPL Secondary buttons. With the v.40 KPL firmware all that is necessary is to set KPL 2 button B,C,D Responder On Level to 0%. All those special button driven Programs and Scenes for turning Secondary buttons Off go away.

Insteon Direct commands cannot control KeypadLinc Secondary buttons. The Insteon Direct On/Off command does not have a place holder for button number making it impossible to indentify a Secondary button to control with the On/Off command.

Neither unit shows any temp in the ISY UI...haven't seen any data appear at any time for temp, humidity does get updated. I can change setpoint info at the unit(s) and this gets updated. Queries seem to work fine, data gets updated except the temp.

Both units are the same version/FW.

Thx.

I read that 3.3.5 is supporting 2487S devices, however my current issue is in regards to different version numbers 2487S Dual Band KeypadLincs. I have one 2487S (Version 6.2-v.40) that the ISY can identify just fine. I just installed two more 2487S devices (Version 6.9) and they both pop up as "Unsupported Devices" - I tried using "Auto" detection and even selecting "02.1E - 2487S" and they still comes in as an "Unsupported Device" If I set them up as unsupported devices now, then later the software is fixed to recognize them, will all be OK, or will I need to delete and reinstall?

Thanks,

If I set them up as unsupported devices now, then later the software is fixed to recognize them, will all be OK, or will I need to delete and reinstall?

For the last round, I had to delete them and readd them in ISY to get them to properly expand and show the secondary buttons and stuff. Maybe you could do like a restore device or something.

vetter

What does the Unsupported Device message display for the Cat/Subcat x.yy?

Hello LeeG,

It reads 2.44

And of course I cannot set the 2487S as a controller for any scene since it thinks all 5 coming in are responders only (icon of a light bulb) So I cannot really set the devices up as intended. It's odd that the ISY provide 5 items, like a 6-way Keypadlinc, but that's about it. They cannot be grouped either - no option listed.

post-4517-140474157606_thumb.jpg

Spoke with Tech Support - very helpful! They identified the issue in less than 60 seconds.

The problem was that I was using a UI of 3.2.6, with firmware 3.3.5 due to an old link in my web browser.

Both the UI and firmware needed to be the same.

I used the link from the 3.3.5 upgrade page and now the 2487S devices are recognized correctly when added.

Resolved.

ON the 2441ZTH issue...no temp display. I did try another factory reset and deleted/readded the unit. I also have a third new unit which I tried.

All three exhibit the same behavior...no temp display (in ISY, temp at the unit itself is fine). Humidity and all else seem fine (in ISY and can be queried/updated). All units seem to get added fine and everything I've tried shows the same behavior...so it's repeatable and consistent.

Either there's a big problem with a batch of the latest units, or there is something really odd about my setup (tho why just temp would be impacted...), or the latest firmware causes issues with the ISY...or... Not sure what else to try.

Does anyone else have Rev 1.2 , FW 0D units that work in ISY for them?

Let me know if you need more info or want me to try something else.

Been on 3.3.5 for a couple of weeks. The interface between the Admin Console to the ISY locks up frequently. Have to close and restart the admin console. Also notice that if I try too many scene tests in one session, the connection to the ISY quits working. The event log at level 3 stops doing anything in all cases. No time stamps or events. Today I was modifying several programs and several of the program folders lost track of the programs in the folders. After close and restart the admin console everything was back.

Also can't seem to create scenes with more than two or three devices via ctl click at a time without it locking up.

I am using the http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.3.5/admin.jnlp to start the session.

I have also cleared the Java cache serveral times with no apparent impact.

I am seeing this from 2 different computers on the same home network. (obviously not at the same time).

I have confirmed that the UI and the Firmware are both v.3.3.5 via the help about. Time stamp is 2012-12-04-23:55:11 I have even done the power cycle on the ISY and it still continues.

I have around 65 devices, 68 Scenes and 125 Programs. I am using a new ISY 994i/IR PRO(1110) and the 2413s V 1.7 Dualband PLM

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Hello tedbusen,

Can you please tell me what is your operating system and Java version.

If you have a MAC or Java 1.6 some of these issues might be explained. Also, if you have a firewall software, that might also explain some of these issues.

Also, please note that any operations that eventually has to deal with INSTEON is queued so, if you do multiple scene tests simultaneously or do other INSTEON things at the same time, at some point you will exhaust ISY's HTTP tasks.

With kind regards,

Michel

I am running windows 7 and using the ESET smart security. I never had these issues prior to 3.3.5. I was just wondering if any else is seeing this or am I an isolated case. I have been using ISY for serveral years and not seen this behavior. Again, I am not saying it isn't something on my end, just checking.

Hi tedbusen,

Thank you. Do you know if ISY's IP address changed after the upgrade? If so - and in combination with ESET/NOD32 - it's quite possible that the new IP address for ISY is not configured in your ESET.

Alternatively, please try accessing ISY using httpS. If this fixes the issues, then the problem is related to your firewall.

With kind regards,

Michel

The IP did change, but I had adjusted that several weeks ago when I installed the new ISY.

I think I have the problem resolved.

The Network Settings in the Dashboard were not correct. Once I set them to the correct settings for Default operations for ISY994 Series:(Per the Network Security Guide)

1. SSL 3.0

2. Low Strength

Things are working fine again.

Thanks for the assistance and patience on this. I know you guys have alot on your plate.

Please keep doing the great job.

Happy Holidays.