Android Camera Support???

robertarak

I like mobilinc too, and sometimes my wife actually remembers she has it and uses it on hers.

I will like it even more when my verizon phones stop just loosing connection when they wake up from sleeping. Real PIA to wait until it decides to turn on the signal it knows it has.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that comment, I had to laugh when I saw that.

Yes, yes, I understand there is a desire for this feature. Please understand that we are juggling quite a few things right now with this being the summer of iOS 7 and it's release right around the corner along with the new Android OS just announced. We need the flexibility to be able to modify our priorities to tackle the rapidly changing mobile landscape the best way we know how with the limited resources we have.

With the intense expectations on public announcements, we usually decline to comment on future features until released or about to be released.

Wes

IOS is a sinking ship.. Kit Kat is a long ways off in significant market share

There priority list is fixed.

1. camera support for Android.. ps I want a fair priced (ready below $200) 1080P with great night vision, sound support, rest support, built in PIR motion support.. Can you find me one ;P

Alan

• 1 month later...
So any update on this? Or are you guys still committed to the false assertion that iOS is the most popular / most used platform for home automation?

I want to know what Anthonywas using with his MobiLink as he pulled up a camera (Android) in his blog about integrating MobiLink with Tasker and GeoCache.

He essentially created the UI from Tasker using the Mobilink as the plugin. Not sure if he used a 3rd party plugin with it, but it was all the same UI (Tasker) so.

The site is down now, but the shots he showed was a motion detector going off, getting an alert with the image, clicking the image to see the video, clicking the video to call 911. The Tasker Interface was dynamic icons for the status of the lights and such (and clicking them on and off) along with GeoFence to detect when he came home and left.

Archived