Release 3.3.7 (RC4) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hello all,

I am happy to announce the availability of our 3.3.7 (RC4) release! For a list of changes, please take a look at this post. This is a very minor release fixing a minor bug in 994iZS series and hopefully one which will become our official release.

Know Issues

- None

Things to test:

-List from 3.3.6:

-- SSL Communications with ELK which requires ISY994 PRO Series (Configuration instructions)

-- File | Themes

-- Accessibility using Alt key and keyboard accelerators

-- Outdoor On/Off Module 2634_222

-- SwitchLinc Dimmer 2478D

-New

-- 994iZS ... when dropped from the meter, no longer binds to clusters

Important Information

1. Important Brultech module is no longer supported on ISY99 Series. Please contact sales@universal-devices.com for options

2. Important NetBios removed from ISY99 Series. You can no longer access ISY by going to http://isy on Windows

3. Important If you have a 994, you will need to re-install a certificate. Please review ISY994 Series Advanced Network Security Configuration for more information.

4. Important We have removed SSLv2 support (very insecure) from ISY99/ISY994. Unfortunately, the only protocol supported by MAC with Java 1.6 is SSLv2. As such, you MUST upgrade your MAC to Java 1.7 (Software Update)

4. Please note that Safari does not support SSL session reuse and thus might take an exorbitant amount of time to communicate with ISY. As such, when using 2048 bit SSL, it's best not to use Safari.

5. If you are using the Irrigation Module and are upgrading from releases prior to 3.1.5, you must edit the programs using Irrigation variables and save the programs again. Irrigation module is no longer on promotion

6. Upgrading from 3.1.3 and below: If you are using WeatherBug Module's Rain Today in your programs, please note that the precision has changed from 1/10 to 1/100 and thus your programs might not run properly

7. For a discussion of variables, please look at our Program Variables forum.

Instructions:

1. Please backup your ISY (File | Backup ISY). If you are backing up a 3.1.6 system, please note that the backups are corrupted. If you have a backup from prior releases, you should be OK

2. Please download the firmware for your platform - please do not unzip

ISY 99i Series

ISY 994i Series

ISY 994i Z & ZS Series

3. Login to the Admin Console and choose Help | Manually Upgrade [the name of your system]

4. Choose the file saved in step 2

5. After the upgrade, ISY reboots. Please do ensure to clear your Java Cache

6. IMPORTANT Once upgrade is completed and ISY reboots, use any of the following methods to access your ISY's Admin Console:

a. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin - applet --- Security Warning: Due to recent Java security problems, it's best to always use method #d

b. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp - Java application

c. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.3.7 - applet --- Security Warning: Due to recent Java security problems, it's best to always use method #d

d. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.3.7/admin.jnlp - Java application Best method to access Admin Console

Dashboard

- http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3. ... board.jnlp

8. Please backup your system again

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Nothing works.. changing LED brightness turns on my lights. Changing the on level.. changes the LED brightness. Just downgraded to 3.3.6 and it's doing it too. I was still on 3.1.17 and everything was working.

That's what's going on here too!! I had the problem on 3.3.6 and was an upgrade from a similar version.

Was driving me insane wondering why certain lights and fans were randomly turning on/off.

Good evening,

I just read the qualifications for upgrading to your newest version....my question is, I have a Mac with OSX Lion, the very latest version, yet, even when I look on Apple's website, Java version for my OS is Java build 1.6.0_37. That is the version I am currently running. Is this not going to work with your latest version, then?

Thanks,

cats

On 12-25-2012 at around 10 PM almost everything turned on at the same time. Only a few exceptions even unassigned Keypad Buttons were illuminated. Most concerning is that both Garage Doors opened as well. Fortunately I was at home when this occurred. I did not see anything in the error log. This system (ISY99i with about 60 devices) has been up for about 9 months and I have not seen anything like this before.

I was running 3.3.6 at the time now on 3.3.7.

Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this?

Is the My Lighting Scene used in any Programs besides the 3AM Query?

I have seen problems resulting from trying to use the My Lighting Scene for things other than the daily Query. That would not explain Secondary KPL button LEDs turning On as they are not covered by the My Lighting Scene.

Was there any type of power interruption around that time? Something of very short duration that might explain affecting many devices at once.

The My Lighting Scene is not used anywhere else. I did not notice anything strange with the power.

There was someone going upstairs and someone going to the basement at this time. Both would have been activating Insteon light switches at or about the same time.

I would not expect operating multiple Insteon switches to cause such a result. Only one Scene can be operating at a time as far as Insteon is concerned. A device will terminate the Scene it is working on if another Scene is started from another device.

Does the ISY Log (not the error log) show a change in device status of many devices at that time?

I believe there is a problem with the web site.

Both Dashboard and the method 'd' access result in a Unable to Launch Application error.

Access using the IP address gets me into my ISY994i but also shows a Auto Update Authorization Failure.

Download links to the firmware result in a page not found error.

On 12-25-2012 at around 10 PM almost everything turned on at the same time. Only a few exceptions even unassigned Keypad Buttons were illuminated. Most concerning is that both Garage Doors opened as well. Fortunately I was at home when this occurred. I did not see anything in the error log. This system (ISY99i with about 60 devices) has been up for about 9 months and I have not seen anything like this before.

had a similar thing happen a little while back. I turned on a light and all my insteon devices turned on. It had never happen in the 2.5 years I've been using insteon or the 10 years before that using X10 - although i have had individual x10 devices go on by themselves. Hasn't happen since. It was nothing in my ISY programs or scenes so I just assume it was some kind of power event. I had been resisting automating garage doors and going with an insteon thermostat (actually any kind of RF thermostat) - these occurrences, even though they seem quite rare, reinforce that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I am seeing similiar activity's. I have lights go on in the middle of the night when nothing is going on and nobody is up. I was on 3.3.5 and went to 3.3.7. No errors in the error log. No power hit. In the event log, things just happen. It's like there is a gremlin running around and tripping off various random events and status's. In some of the events, a state variable gets changed for no apparent reason, and of course the programming goes from there. These are not time based programs. Two nights ago a 4 way circuit with no variables turned on.

I have the same issue since the web page has been redesigned none of my Java based applications can access my ISY994.

Java is trying to validate the URL and it fails.

I can access the ISY by IP address with my browser but can still not load the admin console. Non-Java based devices like iPad and Android using a paid application still works.