Release 3.3.7 (RC4) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

I believe there is a problem with the web site.

Both Dashboard and the method 'd' access result in a Unable to Launch Application error.

Access using the IP address gets me into my ISY994i but also shows a Auto Update Authorization Failure.

Download links to the firmware result in a page not found error.

Same here.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Just sitting here and thought I'd check to see if there were any new updates to the ISY. I see that there is a newer version available but it appears the UD website is down. Is this true?

Thanks!

Mike (NewTech)

Ever since I upgraded to 3.3.6 I have been having problems with my KPLs v41. Upgrading to 3.3.7 has made no diference.

I have a program to change the LED brightness at night and back during the daytime and it seems that that program has corrupted settings on all 5 of my new KPLs. I have since tried to restore the devices, change the LED brightness manually and reset the KPLs to factory default and nothing seems to clear the issues.

UPDATE: I have removed several KPLs, Re-added them, and was able to control them, and link them but the LED levels DO NOT WORK at all.

I've been experiencing problems access the Elk and ISY using third party iOS apps Mobilinc and eKeypad since upgrading to this release. I've had to reboot my Elk XEP, which I almost never need to, and the ISY. Not sure what to make of it yet, but thought I would mention it in case someone else observes symptoms.

I have an ISY994i IR Pro with only a few devices connected (5), everything was working fine and I upgraded to 3.3.7 and I cannot connect to any previously established devices or new ones. During either a query or establishing a new device it gets to about 10% on the scroll bar and just disappears.

I am relatively new to Insteon but I have had this setup running for quite some time prior to the upgrade. I argued with myself to not make the upgrade but I had some free time and...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Edit]

The error I get when trying to add a device previously used but that I deleted and tried to add is "Cannot determine Insteon engine".

Randallk

“establishing a new device it gets to about 10% on the scroll bar and just disappears.â€

In addition to the things Brian mentioned which should be verified first, check the Insteon address being added. It sounds like the device address is already known to the ISY. Click on My Lighting, then double click the Address column header to sort by Insteon address.

Thanks for both of your reply's. I did clear the Java cache but I did so again just to make sure I did mess up the first time. And the UI and Firmware versions are the same. Since I this system is at a cabin about 6 hours from my house and I only have 5 devices I removed a couple and I am trying to re-add them. Hopefully I didn't mess things up. But I can see that I do not have duplicate addresses in the UI.

Is it possible that the PLM / ISY relationship has gotten corrupted, I was going to remove the PLM and try to reestablish. But the documentation really doesn't seem to like one to do this.

The error of note seems to be "Cannot determine the Insteon engine" when adding and when I do a query on an established device it just stops.

Again, thanks for the help!!!

Need a Tools | Diagnostics | Event Trace at LEVEL 3 to be sure but that error message is normally the result of not getting a response from the device. If the event trace does not show Insteon messages that start with 02 50 or 02 51 the device is not responding. You can post the event trace.

DO NOT Delete the PLM. That removes all references to the PLM in all devices. Power cycle the PLM and do a Restore Modem (PLM) which will rewrite the PLM link database. The link database is not necessary to Query a device or turn an individual device On/Off.

EDIT: actually my last comment about being able to control the device On/Off is not true with I2CS devices. If the Insteon devices are relatively new they are likely I2CS devices which require a special link record in the device and the PLM.

I tried adding a device and included the trace log, I did not see 02 50 or 02 51. I did see 02 62. Hopefully the included log file will give some clues.

Sat 12/29/2012 11:09:40 : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 19 5E 99 0F 19 01

Sat 12/29/2012 11:09:40 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 19.5E.99 0F 19 01 06 LTSREQ (01)

Sat 12/29/2012 11:09:49 : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 19 5E 99 0F 19 01

Sat 12/29/2012 11:09:49 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 19.5E.99 0F 19 01 06 LTSREQ (01)

Sat 12/29/2012 11:09:58 : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 19 5E 99 0F 19 01

Sat 12/29/2012 11:09:58 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 19.5E.99 0F 19 01 06 LTSREQ (01)

Sat 12/29/2012 11:13:38 : [1E F2 F7 ] Added to list of devices to link to ISY

Sat 12/29/2012 11:13:38 : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 1E F2 F7 0F 0D 00

Sat 12/29/2012 11:13:38 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 1E.F2.F7 0F 0D 00 06 (00)

Sat 12/29/2012 11:13:47 : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 1E F2 F7 0F 0D 00

Sat 12/29/2012 11:13:47 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 1E.F2.F7 0F 0D 00 06 (00)

Sat 12/29/2012 11:13:56 : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 1E F2 F7 0F 0D 00

Sat 12/29/2012 11:13:56 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 1E.F2.F7 0F 0D 00 06 (00)

Sat 12/29/2012 11:14:00 : [1E F2 F7 0 ] Failed to add device

Thanks for the event trace. The 02 6x messages are outbound. Inbound messages are 02 5x. Nether device is responding to commands sent to it. If all the devices are like that the PLM is suspect or something on the powerline is interfering with communication. First thing to try is to power cycle the PLM. It that does not resolve then look for a source of powerline interference. Could be a defective PLM but a device failure is the last thing I consider.

I am assuming these are wired devices, not RF only devices such as motion sensors, TriggerLincs, etc as RF devices have to be put into linking mode before they would respond and they must be in range of the Dual Band device. The Access Points can be unplugged for 30 seconds or so to see if a power interruption has hung them up.

Thanks for the input. The PLM was in the same AC outlet prior to the upgrade so I was thinking the power source etc. is okay but you never know. I did power cycle the PLM, what would happen if I reset the PLM? Since I only have 5 devices I wouldn't mind resetting and starting from scratch.

I will move the PLM to other power sources to double check.

Thanks!!!

Randy

Doing a factory reset of the PLM only (do not reset the ISY) will reset the PLM back to factory defaults and clear the link database. A Restore Modem (PLM) is required after that but it should be rather quick with only 5 devices. The ISY and PLM are communicating Ok. When a command is set to the PLM over the Serial interface the PLM echoes the command back to the application. The event trace shows this aspect of the PLM is working fine. It would be the powerline side of the PLM that is not working if it is a PLM issue. There have been cases where a factory reset resolved an issue that a simple power cycle would not.

Anyone out there having problems with kpl and the LED keypad brightness. It is just not working for me with this new software. I have removed the KPL and re-add them without getting it to work

Can't say for sure but now that I see this I'll be watching and let you know.

Anyone out there having problems with kpl and the LED keypad brightness. It is just not working for me with this new software. I have removed the KPL and re-add them without getting it to work

Can't say for sure but now that I see this I'll be watching and let you know.

All 5 of my KPL's are dimming as per my evening program schedule, This is with software 3.3.7.