Under Counter Light suggestions?

jjwinston

Hi,

My house came with some under-counter flourescent fixtures that are wired to wall switches. I would like to replace these with a dimmable product. I have seen a Kichler fixture online that is an LED product and that says it is dimmable. Has anyone had any experience with these or with any dimmable under counter fixtures (looks like everything new is going to be an LED item).

Thanks!

Jeff Winston

You may want to look at the Kichler.com web site.

http://www.kichler.com/consumer/home_pa ... reset=true

It looks like they make LEDs in both 120 volt and external 24 volt power supply types.

I found some interesting information in their on line catalog pages.

http://www.kichler.com/consumer/request_catalog_page

Seems their 120 volt LEDs have a limited dimming range with triac type dimmers. Like SwitchLinc Dimmers.

94% to 76%.

Also some Dimmable LEDs make power line noise or have noise suppressor in then that can act like a signal sucker.

I have used some dimmable LED light bulbs from Phillips, Sylvania, LSG and a few others with good results. On Insteon dimmers as a test. I started with CFLs so most of my in use Insteon devices are On/Off relay types.

I'm on the same quest at some point, but I just bought a ribbon of warm led lights off ebay and are using those currently with a directly wired power supply.

This spring, Meanwell (sp), will have a 2amp triac dimmable power supply 12v for LED lights that is pretty inexpensive from comparisons to others in their catalog. (I am expecting under $30.00 from Jameco)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be slow to respond. Yes on a dimmer. I use ToggleLincs with no problem. The lighting boxes have a rocker switch with 3 settings, high, off and low. I set them to low, then set the Togglelinc to 80%. That seems to present a good lighting level, with plenty of light for working in the Kitchen.

Archived