Program...

TheWabit

Hi Guys,

Huge ISY newbie here!

I am wanting to do something simple but it is not turning out that way. Since i dont know how to cut and paste from the program screen, I will try to explain.

I want the "under Cabinet" lights to come on at sunset to 50% and go off at 830pm.

I have it set to "sunset to 830pm same day" (condition) set in scene "under cabinet" under cabinet to 50%

They dont come on...What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

They dont come on...What am I doing wrong?

Could be several things, but it may be best to start with an actual copy of your program.

Do you have other times or cases where you want a program to turn on the lights at some level other than 50%? If you select the scene from your device listing, what are the "on" levels for the various devices within the scene?

TheWabit

“I have it set to "sunset to 830pm same day" (condition) set in scene "under cabinet" under cabinet to 50% They dont come onâ€

The Adjust Scene statement that is setting the On Level to 50% does not actually turn the Scene On. A second Program statement “Set Scene ‘xxxxx’ On is needed to turn the Scene device On.

As oberkc said it is best to post the actual Program as I am assuming the Adjust Scene is coded correctly and the Set Scene On is missing.

If

From Sunset

To 8:30:00PM (same day)

And Status 'Under Cabinet' is Off

Then

In Scene 'Under Cabinet' Set 'Under Cabinet' 50% (On Level)

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

In my scene is:

The under cabinet light (switchlinc)

The corresponding KPL button

A Remotelinc Button (not even sure if this is necessary)

Thanks for your help!

Is the Under Cabiniet SwitchLinc the load control device and is it being controlled from one of the other Controllers. Each Controller has its own On Level so if controlled from the KPL button or RL button those responder values need to be changed as well.

If

From Sunset

Then

In Scene 'Under Cabinet' Set 'Under Cabinet' 50% (On Level)

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I notice a couple of things wrong. First, I don't see anything that tells it to go off at 830. Second, I don't think you are turning it on. Rather, I think you are simply changing the level it will go WHEN (if) you decide to turn it on.

Since you did not anwer my two questions from an earlier post, I will make some assumptions and offer suggested alternatives.

In the admin console, select the scene. Change the "on" levels to all devices to 50%.

Change your program to be more like:

If
From Sunset 

Then
Set Scene 'Under Cabinet' on

Else
Set Scene 'Under Cabinet' off

oberkc...

Sorry I missed those questions.

All of my set levels are 100%. Because when I select it on by the switch, I want it to go to 100%. But in this program for "evening", I only want it to come on to 50%.

Lee...The Switchlinc is the load controller. And I do have the other 2 (KPL and RL) buttons set as controllers as well.

Additional questions....

1) I was using "adjust scene" because I wanted the entire scene to turn on..namely the KPL button light to come on during the time the under cabinet lights are on AND set it to 50%. Why is that not correct?

2) How do I make sure the KPL button shows the light is on if this is not correct?

Thanks!

1) I was using "adjust scene" because I wanted the entire scene to turn on..namely the KPL button light to come on during the time the under cabinet lights are on AND set it to 50%. Why is that not correct?

2) How do I make sure the KPL button shows the light is on if this is not correct?

The Adjust Scene statement can change only one item at a time. It is coded to set the Local On Level to 50% so when the SwitchLinc On paddle is pressed the SwitchLinc turns On to 50%. If the KPL button press should also turn the SwitchLinc On to 50% during this time another Adjust Scene is needed, specifying the KeypadLinc button in the 'In Scene' parameter and the SwitchLinc in the 'Set' parameter.

Same with the RemoteLinc button. If it should turn the SwitchLinc On to 50% during this time a third Adjust Scene statement is needed, specifying the RemoteLinc button in the 'In Scene' parameter and the SwitchLinc in the 'Set' parameter.

If the ISY Scene name is used in a Program then another Adjust Scene statement is needed, specifying the Scene name in the 'In Scene' parameter and the SwitchLinc in the 'Set' parameter.

The various On Level values are stored in different places. Thus a separate Adjust Scene statement is needed to change each location to 50%. At the end of the time period another series of Adjust Scene statements is needed to put each value back to 100%.

If the ISY Scene has the SwitchLinc, the KeypadLinc button and the RemoteLinc button as Controllers turning the SwitchLinc On/Off with the SwitchLinc paddle will turn the KeypadLinc button On/Off.

In Insteon every Controller has a unique set of On Level and Ramp Rate values for each Responder. These values are stored in each Responder link database keyed to the Controller Insteon address. This gives Insteon great flexibility in controlling Responders and demonstrates just how much work the ISY does under the covers whenever a Scene is created.

The Local On Level and Local Ramp Rate are stored in the Controller in an area of device memory outside the link database.

What is sometimes missed is that the Controller is the ISY PLM itself when the ISY Scene Name is used in a Program or controlled from the Admin Console.

Ok below is my program

If

From Sunset

Then

Set Scene 'Under Cabinet' On

Else

Set Scene 'Under Cabinet' Off

What is interesting is the switch is a switchlinc. The switch and the light are cycling between about 10% and 30%. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I agree with oberkc. The reason is the "And Status 'Under Cabinet' is Off" in the If section. Anytime the status of "Under Cabinet" changes this program will re-evaluate. So if between Sunset - 8:30P and the Under Cabinet is Off The program will evaluate to true and turn it On. Once it turns on, the status of the device changed from Off to On which forces the program False which runs the Else of the program which turns Off the device. Once the device turns off its status changes from On to Off which forces the program True again...and on and on.

To remedy the situation either remove the Status of the device or break the program into two programs. I personally prefer using Status in this situation if for no other reason to help keep powerline comm. to a minimum. If the device is already on, why send a command to turn it on again?

Likewise with your existing program it will send the signal for the device to turn off even if it is already off. For instance everytime 8:30PM hits it will run the Else as well as everytime the status changes of the device the Else will run.

Try this:

If
From Sunset 

Then

Else

If
From 8:30PM
To Sunset (next day)
And Status 'Under Cabinet' is On

Then

Else

Makes sense. Then you would definitely need 2 programs. Just change the first one like so:

If

From Sunset

And Status 'Under Cabinet' < 50%

Then

Else

If the device is on at 50% or higher this program will not run Then.

If you want the device off after 8:30P then change the 2nd program to:

If

From 8:30PM

To Sunset (next day)

And Status 'Under Cabinet' > 1%

Then

Else

Archived