Current State of Devices - blank

jwilliams

When I log into my admin console, the "Current State" box of all my devices is blank. Obviously, something is wrong. I next took this step to ensure my PLM is connected - Tools, Diagnostics, PLM Info/Status - indicates connected. I then logged off and logged back on. Same issue. Current State for all devices is simply blank.

What can I do next to figure out why this is a problem?

If the Current State column is always blank look at firewall or Antivirus such as Kaspersky or Avast (and some others) that block the ISY from pushing changed data to the Admin Console. If it is intermittant Exit the Admin Console and invoke it again. This happens with mine infrequently when the OS has paged out a lot of virtual memory making the Admin Console slow to initialize. Not sure that has anything to do with the situation.

If it is AV related the ISY IP should be added to some trusted list so the AV no longer blocks ISY activity.

I run ZoneAlarm and MS Security Essentials. Can't think that would be the problem though. I did not experience this issue at any other point this week. I did update to latest firmware beta 3.3.9 within last couple of days though.

Anyone else having problems with blank current status boxes?

It happened after I removed a Motion Sensor, then manually set it up again. Maybe that has something to do with it? Can't re-boot system now. Am running other programs. Will try re-boot later and report back if that solves the issue.

My ISY is given a static IP address, so that was not the problem.

Restarting the Admin Console did not work. I continued to get a blank in "current state" of all devices.

I did not try rebooting the ISY.

However, rebooting my computer solved this problem.

What a pain.

Same with me.

I also did not reboot the ISY994i just my operating system.

I also verified the ISY994i's address was in Zone Alarms Trusted list.

Microsoft's Security Essentials has never been a problem and I doubt it was this time.

I also tried a query and could see messages going out by a modules LED flashing with power line messages.

Archived