Dumb as a Stump?

pjjameso

Just received my first 6 keypadlinc and am having issues programming. I created a new scene with the on / off buttons included. I then tried to add an X10 switch to the scene and received an error message that the request failed. Im hoping I havent learned two lessons here the hard way.

First can you add an X10 device to be controlled by a KeyPadLinc controller? Second can you have discrete scenes for the On and Off buttons?

Or am I just dumb as a stump for not being able to figure this out?

"First can you add an X10 device to be controlled by a KeyPadLinc controller? "

Insteon does not support X10 devices as part of an Insteon Scene.

An ISY Program can be triggered by a KPL button press and have the ISY Program issue X10 commands.

"Second can you have discrete scenes for the On and Off buttons?"

If the question is can the ON button and OFF button control different Scenes, NO. The ON and OFF buttons use the same Scene/Group number so it is not possible to have different Scenes for the two buttons.

An ISY Program can be triggered with the On command and control Scene X. Another ISY Program can be triggered with the Off command and control Scene Y. There would be no direct Scene control by the button press.

There is a complex trick that can be done. Change the KPL to 8 button mode. That makes the top and bottom button rows operate separately. Buttons A and B have to be cross-linked and buttons G & H have to be cross-linked. To achieve the same button LED pattern between the ON and OFF buttons requires additional ISY Programs to turn the button LEDs On and Off to simulate 6 button mode. It is not something a newbie is likely to be successful in implementing. Too many moving parts.

Archived