list of possible isy99i thermostats

rsansev

Hello rsansev,

If you want to control your thermostats using ISY, you can NOT use NEST or Ecobee. Ecobee has a much higher likelihood of support as they just started a Beta. NEST is basically a very closed environment unless you wish to reverse engineer network traffic to/from NEST to its Mothership (of course, I am certain elvisimprsntr can help you with that :) ).

Here is current list:

1. 994i Series

Venstar and SmartLabs INSTEON thermostats

2. 994i Z Series

In addition 994i Sereis thermostats, you can use high powered Zigbee RCS (TZ45) thermostats

3. 994i ZW Series (the name might change)

In addition to 994i Series thermostats, most ZWave thermostats including but not limited to TRANE, Wayne Dalton, Honeywell, etc.

Please note that ZW is not out yet but alpha should be very very very shortly.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel-

I already have the venstar and it is my understanding that the INSTEON tstat doesnt work that well w/ isy99i (based on amazon reviews)

I can't see spending another $600 ($400 isy Z + $200 thermostat), so i guess i will just stick w/ what i have.

Seeing as to how my venstar (v.93) tsats dont report humidity properly, I sent an email to their support team to see if they would replace them.

Do you have any plans for supporting venstar humidity controls via isy?

thanks for the info!

-Ron

Michel-

The humidity readings from venstar seem to be quite wrong.

One reads 83% and the other 84%!

Sorry i wasn't more clear, ISY reports the values properly (just looked at event viewer).

It is my understanding that i would be able to set the a/c to run based on humidity.

This is what my new heat pump thermostat would allow.

I haven't purchased it yet and that is why i was asking about tstats.

Theirs (carrier) allows for this functionality but (of course) cannot be controlled by insteon.

-Ron

p.s. it's a shame that i can't copy a single event from the viewer, or else i would have pasted it here...

Mon 01/28/2013 01:26:26 PM : [ IR] 012A Press

son of a gun, it works!

btw, i see a ton of these and no one is pressing anything anywhere near it...

hmmm, since i am not using IR, can i turn it off?

Try putting a piece of black electrical tape over the IR hole on the ISY and see if the IR log entries stop.

I think he meant that those thermostats think the humidity in the house is 80 something %, which is tropical in nature and if you had a greenhouse would be great.

Did I win the guess what he meant cupid doll?

Reading about humidity in the house, they recomend the amount based on the outside temperature ranges. Don't know if the furnace tstats are smart enough for that.

I think he meant that those thermostats think the humidity in the house is 80 something %, which is tropical in nature and if you had a greenhouse would be great.

Reading about humidity in the house, they recomend the amount based on the outside temperature ranges. Don't know if the furnace tstats are smart enough for that.

At one point he was talking about AC, which suggests summer, during which times 80%+ humidity can be quite realistic. But, you still may win the doll.

Regarding furnace use of humidity settings, my honeywell prestige can handle heat and cooling requirements based (at least in part) on humidity. For heating season, however, control of humidity generally requires a humidifier.

One reads 83% and the other 84%!

You have two thermostats? And they differ only by 1%?

Or, you have an ISY which reports 83 and the thermostat reports 84? But later, you report that the ISY reports the values "properly"?

I am confused.

two tstats and isy reports the values properly (i can see them in event viewer)

and even tho i talked about a/c, i am referring to readings i am getting now - in the winter.

clearly BOTH venstars are reporting the wrong values.

YOU WIN!

At one point he was talking about AC, which suggests summer, during which times 80%+ humidity can be quite realistic. But, you still may win the doll.

Regarding furnace use of humidity settings, my honeywell prestige can handle heat and cooling requirements based (at least in part) on humidity. For heating season, however, control of humidity generally requires a humidifier.

Which is why i mentioned 'a/c' sorry for the confusion.

Hi Ron,

1. As far as spurious IR signals and if you do NOT have any IR anywhere, then they are noise generated by other devices picked up by ISY. If Tim's recommendation of putting a black tape on the sensor does not help, then please contact our support and we'll send you another IR sensor to try

2. A stupid question: do you actually have humidity sensors installed? I do get 70 to 80% on mine and I do not have any installed.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Ron,

1. As far as spurious IR signals and if you do NOT have any IR anywhere, then they are noise generated by other devices picked up by ISY. If Tim's recommendation of putting a black tape on the sensor does not help, then please contact our support and we'll send you another IR sensor to try

2. A stupid question: do you actually have humidity sensors installed? I do get 70 to 80% on mine and I do not have any installed.

With kind regards,

Michel

1) I did put the tape over it and i will let you know how that turns out.

2) i guess i am the dummy, i thought it had a sensor built in!

• 1 year later...

Archived