Strange One Way Communication

wswartz

Hello someguy,

Sorry to hear that you haven't resolved the issue. I am a bit curious how you are determining that the PLM is losing it's records:

Edit: Stupid question follows. Resolved by reading page 1 of this thread. Please disregard.

1) Observation: device responses not registered by the PLM.

2) Link record read: Very difficult to accomplish unless you filter the PLM and disable RF devices. If the link table shows blank (similar to a factory reset), that's conclusive. Otherwise it's very hard to determine whether a particular link record is gone.

Not doubting your conclusions - just trying to figure out how the problem is exhibiting itself.

I don't know whether my power supply is on the opposite phase or not. Should that matter? It is NOT on the same outlet as the PLM

That was really a fishing expedition on my part. It should not matter, but I'm not sure that the designers took this into account. Both the PLM and the ISY are isolated from the powerline, but they are not isolated from each other. The question becomes, how good is the power isolation. I don't have an answer for that with the 2413S.

It may be a total WAG on my part, but something to think about it you experience problems again.

Along a similar line, the "older" modules (SWL, KPL, Etc) could be upset by a line voltage spike making it through the power supply to the uP. Units would require the "air gap" procedure to recover. While I've experienced this with older units, I have not had any problems with units using the "improved" power supply implemented around 2009. The 2413S came out in the same time frame. From what I can see, it uses the same switching power supply configuration.

With the above said, if you encounter problems again, please try:

1) Verify the PLM/ISY supplies are on the same phase.

2) Consider moving both to the opposite phase (to preclude line spikes from being an issue). Your passive coupler should not pass (or severely attenuate) a spike between the phases.

IM

Archived