Knowing when an Elk zone is "freshly" violated?

simonw

Greetings,

Trying to recreate the functionality of a simple Elk rule on the ISY and needing some help, please ...

I had an Elk rule that would email me if a gate opened while my Elk was armed. The rule was something basic like "Whenever GATE is OPEN AND Elk Area 1 is Armed Away ...". Nice thing was that if the gate was already left open when the system armed, it __did not__ generate an email at the time of arming. It only triggered and sent the email if the gate was closed and then re-opened while armed.

In the ISY, a simple program I thought would be equivalent like "If zone violated AND armed away ..." gives me instant emails when the system arms if the gate is already open.

I prefer the Elk's approach to this situation, I only want to capture a "fresh" zone violation, so how can I mimic the Elk rule's behavior on the ISY?

Thanks in advance, and cheers,

Simon

This is because ISY programs will trigger on every line of a program, Elk rules only trigger on the first line.

So

whenever zone violates

and system armed away

only triggers on a zone violation, then it checks if armed away.

In ISY, you would need to use 2 programs to elliminate the arming as a trigger. The second program contains the armed away check and is disabled so it won't self trigger.

If

elk zone gate violates

then

run program 2 if

program 2 (which is disabled)

If

Elk armed away

Then

send email

Archived