KPL Toggle Setting

brooknerk

Hi...

I'm working through the wiki entry on setting up the "ISY-99i/ISY-26 INSTEON:Garage Door Kit" and I'm not seeing one of the KPL toggle menus.

In it, there's a small confirm box where you can set the toggle mode as on or off. I never see that box. Has the UI changed? Instead I get a box telling me to physically click on the device name I want to change, then click ok. Until I dismiss this box with OK, I can't click on anything. If I click OK, I still have the box with all of the KPL buttons listed and I can then click on the name, but the program then just changes it from non toggle to toggle.

I'm running Firmware v 3.3.10, UI v 3.3.10 (ISY 994i) on a Mac Pro with the latest Apple Java update. I'm running the 99i administrative console app from the desktop.

I expect I'm missing something obvious again--or this is another problem with Apple's Java implementation.. I'm not new to Insteon--I've been a PowerHome user for several years, but the "ISY way" is a little different to me.

Thanks

Ken

Left click the KeypadLinc Primary node in the My Lighting/ISY Lighting tree. At the bottom of the right pane is a Buttons Toggle Mode button. Click that button which displays Set Button Toggle Mode popup. From that popup any of the KeypadLinc button toggle mode can be set.

Thanks.. I got that far. :)

Not sure how to attach an image yet... at this URL: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... iki_04.png

I can bring up the larger "Button Toggle Modes" box, but I never get the smaller "Choose Toggle Mode" box.

I assume I just click on the button I want to change, click "Toggle On/Off" and that'll give me the "Choose Toggle Mode" box. Doesn't.

If that's how it's supposed to work, then I'll run up a VM with windows and try from there.

Thanks again..

Thanks. I'll run up the VM...

edit..

Same thing. When I go from non-toggle to toggle, I think it works as it should. When I go from toggle to non-toggle, I get a box telling me to "physically click on..." the button name I want to change. I must hit OK in this box before I can click the name in the set button toggle mode box. i click that but nothing happens--no requester. If I click "Toggle On/Off" at the bottom of this box, the status changes to non-toggle, but I don't get the opportunity to set non-toggle off or non-toggle on.

There's something I'm not understanding here... :)

These are old KPLs.. Is this perhaps a KPL version thing? I know I can set these KPLs manually. Is this ability to set them programmatically limited to later version KPLs?

Thanks for the help.

post-4807-140474157723_thumb.png

What is the KPL firmware level?

When the popup that lists all the KPL buttons displays, what is done to get the Confirm popup that says Physically click on Hall-KPL_Garage Open. The sequence I follow is to click the KPL button to change, then click Toggle On/Off button. I never see the Confirm popup in the last post.

If this is done for a new KPL does the same sequence occur?

You might also run a query insteon engine on that keypad. I've got a variety of different version of keypad, quite a few very old (spent an hour fighting with a v1.8 tonight because my hops bounce from 0 to 2 on that bugger with two other switches on the same wires 6" away!

I've not seen that pop up on any that I have done.

There are 2 KPLs installed here: both are V.29 according to the ISY. The sticker's on both KPLs read 1.4. Both behave the same way in either the Mac or the Win7 ISY admin console. I have a new KPL here, but it's not installed yet.

I tried removing the KPL device from the system, reinstalling it and deleting all of its links, adding it back into a scene, and then trying to set one of its buttons to non-toggle on. Same thing.

Tried running the query...

Note that I don't get this "click on" box if I'm switching from non-toggle to toggle. In that case it just switches the state and all I need to do is click OK and we're done.

If the current state of the button is toggle, this is what I do from the beginning:

1. Click the KPL device/button in the left most pane.

2. In the large window to the right I click Buttons Toggle Mode.

3. Now, I have the Set Buttons Toggle Mode window listing the 8 buttons on the KPL. I click on line associated with button "G".

4. At the bottom of this Toggle Mode window I click Toggle On/Off. This brings up the "Physically click on..." window.

5. All I can do is click OK in this window, I do and it closes leaving the Set Buttons Toggle Mode window open where the line associated with button "G" has now changed to "Non-Toggle". Clicking this line does nothing.

6. If I click OK, the window closes and the button is in non-toggle mode, but I don't know whether it's non-toggle on or non-toggle off.

7.If instead I click the toggle on/off button again, the button changes immediately to toggle...

I really hope I'm just missing something obvious.. :) Thanks for everyone's help!

Sorry, I understand now. Sounds like a Java issue on the Mac. I'm running 3.3.10 with Java 7 update 13 on windows. Perhaps someone running on a Mac can jump in and confirm what happens. That is the correct sequence.

Hi All-

I just tested on all of my KPL's and this works exactly as the Wiki describes for me on MAC OS X 10.8/Java 1.7.13

Click KPL Node in Tree, Click "Buttons Toggle Mode" button, Select a Button from the Popup, Click "Toggle On/Off" button.

-Xathros

EDIT: My KPL's are v.36, v.40 and v.41

It is the KPL firmware level that is driving this. I found a V29 in my inventory and see the same popup sequence. I think the popup message about physically pressing the button is referring to actually pressing the button on the KPL On or Off, not the popup button line, to establish whether the button should be non-toggle On or non-toggle Off. These old KPLs did not have the programmatic capabilities the newer firmware added. Give me some time to test the variations. I think having the KPL button On when setting the non-toggle mode sets it to non-toggle On mode and having the KPL button Off sets it to non-toggle Off mode but that is testing a very old memory (mine and the KPL).

Yes, I suggest that. Until resolved in some future image the toggle mode will have to be established manually with the KPL itself. Here is a sample event trace. The first command resulted from pressing the All Toggle button. The next set of trace entries is the On button press of the KPL button followed by Ok response to the popup that directed the KPL button be pressed. The KPL configuration is the same command for both the All Toggle and the setting of the non-toggle mode which is wrong. Plus the command is an Extended 2E command issued in Standard mode. This topic can be referenced for source of documentation of problem.

Pressing the All Toggle button

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:01 PM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 08 49 E7 0F 2E 00

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:01 PM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 08.49.E7 0F 2E 00 06 (00)

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:01 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 08.49.E7 19.70.06 2B 2E 00 (00)

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:01 PM : [std-Direct Ack] 08.49.E7-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

Clicking Ok after pressing KPL button On

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:24 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 0B.4A.AD 00.00.06 CB 11 00 LTONRR (00)

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:24 PM : [std-Group ] 0B.4A.AD-->Group=6, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:24 PM : [ B 4A AD 6] DON 0

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:24 PM : [ B 4A AD 6] ST 255

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:25 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 0B.4A.AD 19.70.06 41 11 06 LTONRR (06)

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:25 PM : [std-Cleanup ] 0B.4A.AD-->ISY/PLM Group=6, Max Hops=1, Hops Left=0

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:25 PM : [iNST-DUP ] Previous message ignored.

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:31 PM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 08 49 E7 0F 2E 00

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:31 PM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 08.49.E7 0F 2E 00 06 (00)

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:31 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 08.49.E7 19.70.06 2B 2E 00 (00)

Tue 02/12/2013 01:04:31 PM : [std-Direct Ack] 08.49.E7-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

Archived