GE/Caddx NX-8E

rmreavis

What about something like this? It says it can do 2-way communication with the ISY.

http://www.autelis.com/universal-rs232- ... e-isy.html

Why is the GC unit not able to communicate back to the ISY? Would I have to use something like this to have 2-way communication with the ISY?

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=8149

I would rather not have to have a PC running to relay commands, but I guess I could if that's my only option.

Thanks.

Some of us here have installed low cost / low power linux devices like Pogoplug or Raspberry PI to get away from needing to run a PC all the time. I use a Pogoplug to run caiwc to interface my CAI Webcontrol board with the ISY. It also doubles as a Syslog , FTP and Web server. Next project is getting Siriproxy running on it.

-Xathros

Our RS232 Interface is capable of doing 2-way communication, however the GE system requires messages to be ACKed which would require us to add some features to the firmware to specifically handle that behavior. This is not too difficult, and if you plan to purchase our device please let us know and we can do this for you.

If more people are interested, we can create a completely integrated firmware dedicated to this interface.

Thanks.

Archived