Everything posted by oberkc
-
Schedule not timing out
we have all been there
-
garage door issues
http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5764
-
Schedule not timing out
You must also include a statement to turn off the light If From Sunset + 20 minutes To Sunrise - 20 minutes (next day) Then Set 'Front Porch Light' On Else Set 'front porch light' off
-
garage door issues
One of the reasons that I asked about your purpose for the variables (I missed your response to this) was out of suspicion that you have other programs in place that may also be triggered by these variables. I also asked about how you intend to open and close the door (I missed this response, as well) wondering whether you have other programs or scenes that could trigger the type of behaviour you describe. Suspecting that I am having trouble seeing the entire picture here, one thing that has gone unspoken about your program: if $armhouse is 1 then run program close-garage I assume this is a paraphrase of your actual program. In your actual then statement, does your program include something like "(then path)", or "(IF path)"? If so, make sure you run IF path. Some things you can check to aid in troubleshooting is to watch the value of the variables as the door opens and closes, to make sure that these are tracking correctly. Have you confirmed the variable is 0 when closed and 1 when open? Otherwise, I don't see anything in the programs you presented which I can identify would result as you describe.
-
Programming Activity on ISY --failure to communicate?
To expand upon LeeGs comments: The motion sensor works fine because it (the motion sensor) is initiating contact with the ISY. You are correct that motion sensors save battery by communicating ONLY when they decide, as triggered by motion. This is an example of communication with the motion sensor initiated by the ISY (rather than by the motion sensor). In this case, the motion sensor is not in listening mode (to save battery) and does not respond to the ISY. As I understand it, motion sensors are in listening mode only while in linking mode, or within a short time period after sensing motion.
-
garage door issues
I am with LeeG on this one...something is not quite right. I cannot help but suspect I am missing part of the puzzle here. How do you inend to actuate the doors when at home or arriving/leaving? Existing button? Insteon keypad or switch? Phone app? What purpose does the "garage door open/close" variable serve? Are these state or integer variables? Assuming that I correctly understand what you are trying to do, perhaps the better approach would be: a) ensure that the garage door status variable is an INTEGER variable. (Integer variables do not trigger program evaluation.) update your close program: if status $garagedoor = 1 then set garagedoor open-close on (the relay)
-
Can the Insteon IP Camera be controlled by the ISY?
No, I dont believe so. At least, not without extraordinary effort.
-
Keypadlinc beeping on button press
A FASTON or FASTOFF is a quick, double press of the insteon switch. If the switch is a dimmer, a FASTON will always bring the local level to 100%, regardless of preset ON levels. If the switch is a relay, both ON and FASTON bring the switch to 100%. Given this, a program based on switch "status" will react no differently to ON or FASTON with a relay device, but could react differently for dimming devices if the ON levels are something other than 100% and your program is designed to recognize this. A program based on switch "control", however, can recognized the difference between ON and FASTON.
-
Questions about iPad GUI applications
Mobilink can. I dont know about the others.
-
Mini Remote creates no traffic on ISY
I can only think of the obvious things. Are you putting the remotelincs into linking mode? Are you choosing the option in the ISY admin panel to write the changes to the battery-powered devices? Have you checked the batteries? What other RF insteon devices do you have? Access points?
-
Status Field Question
To LeeG's response, I wish to specifically state that status field represents results when the program was last triggered. This can also include being triggered by other programs, and can be affected when a program is disabled.
-
Suggestion for a thread/tutorial/Wiki enhancement
I find this an interesting request. On one hand, I have been quite happy with my success using the ISY. On the other hand, I know (nor care about) anything Java or external processes. Do you believe such knowledge is required to get an ISY-based insteon system to work? Certainly, I don't.
-
Thermostat recommendations
I am sure that the nest is a wonderful thermostat. No doubt. I assume the same can be said of the ecobeee. I also find the honeywell prestige to be pretty nice. For my purposes, I am VERY hesitant to invest in a thermostat that requires routing through a cloud service to be fully functional. I think this eliminates the honeywell and nest units.
-
Devices in specific order
I don't think you can do this with "scenes". In case it was unclear from LeeG response, this likely requires a program. The program could trigger from an insteon device of your choice and cause your spa ready and heater could come on in proper order, with a small wait period between.
-
How do I set program priority when multiple programs exist?
Is "Main: Basement Control" or "Main: Trigger Drive-Opened" part of the scene "Basement 3Way"? If so, then your program execution causes a re-evaluation of your conditions, halting execution at earliest wait statement.
-
Garage Door Control & Status
This is EXACTLY how "status" conditions work. They trigger on any change of status, execute TRUE (then path) if the change of status matches stated condtion, otherwise execute FALSE.
- LED level
-
Thermostat recommendations
There are Lots of internet-enabled thermostats out there, but I suspect that the fact that rschneid posted his question on a UDI/insteon/ISY-994 forum suggests interest in integration with the ISY-994. Recommendations for thermostats without such capability are, in my estimation, non-responsive.
-
Help with my faulty logic
if you simply want to turn hot water off at 1am and on at 430am, a simpler approach might be: if time is from 1am to 430am (same day) then turn hot water off else turn hot water on One benefit of this approach is that it is more tolerant of power failures during the period between 1 and 430.
-
Morninglinc status in programs
For whatever reason, I found the morninglinc to be more marginal in communication than the rest of my devices. Perhaps your problems are completely unrelated to setup or firmware version. Have you tried temporarily moving the morninglinc closer to your PLM?
-
Newbie Question on Motion Sensors setup
In addition to the access point suggestion by LeeG (which I second), there may be benefits to using a "program" rather than a "scene" to control brightness, but this has no effect on what you need to purchase. While you did not mention it, is integration with your Elk system important? If so, be aware that this requires an additional "purchase". There is an add-on software module required with the ISY-994.
-
Fanlinc Issue with Keypad
The most common methods are: a) ensure you have communication between legs of your electrical system. This is typically assured by using two dual-band devices and verifying on opposite legs via the process described in the user manual identification and elimination of devices which interfere (either actively or passively) with insteon communication. There is no easy way to do this. First is to identify suspect problem-causers. Unplug suspects and see if communication improves (if so, filter that device). Initially, consider computer equipment, including UPS and surge suppressors, TVs and AV equipment. c) addition of insteon devices, to repeat signals to distant locations. d) reading of prior posts on this forum to learn the various methods and ideas.
-
I/O linc not updating status in the ISY?
Such as with a keypad button (which, I submit, is the most common of "clients"). Perhaps, someday, we can have a means to easily duplicate a configurable keypad function on a tablet, and use them in place of a keypadlinc. In my mind, we are not quite there yet.
-
I/O linc not updating status in the ISY?
It matters to me, where I use scenes to control status displays, and prefer "ON" to indicate open.
-
Motion Sensor Low Battery Email Alert
A progam is the best (may be only) way, in my mind. The logic, if not exact wording, is pretty simple If control motion sensor low battery is switched on then send email message else Of course, you have to initially configure the email message.