Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

aLf

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aLf

  1. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Indy: I fly a Cessna Citation X. Midsize corp. jet, fast, Mach .92, 100 mph faster than most airliners, 3,000 mile range. Thanks again for the code. In regards to the date question, actually I abreviated the date. In reality, I use the same outlet for different things, some when I'm home, some not. For instance, one oulet will do one thing during the Holidays for Christmas lights, but will do lawn type things, sprinklers, etc from mid April to October. When ISY can do same date runs for "ALL" years, I will be able to program forever. For now, I change the dates every year. I will eventually do folders for the (HOME) or (AWAY) items. I understand your code as to how it works, I will read and re-read your method tonight. Thanks again, aLf
  2. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Indy Mike: Thank you! I will take your post home tonight as homework! Very detailed explanation, I WILL get it straight. I fly airplanes for a living, I don't write code. I'm guessing if I gave you an explanation of basic international flying you'd be almost as lost as I am with your explanation. You've given me enough information however to figure it out. Thanks again. aLf
  3. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Indy, thanks, but I'm still confused, in you example you use examples of and (and) or in the same example without () around either or the other. Here is what I need. It works many ways, I just want to be sure to do it right... IF 'KPL ABC E' is ON OR 'KPL XYZ E' is ON OR 'APL AWAY' is ON AND FROM 12:00:00 0n 1/1/08 to 11:59:59 oN 12/31/08 AND FROM SUNRISE -30 MINUTES TO SUNSET +30 MINUTES AND STATUS 'LAKE OUTLETLINC' IS OFF THEN 'LAKE OUTLETLINC' ON Let me know what to do (properly). Also, how the heck do you copy a screen or program within ISY to this forum so one doesn't have to type the code as I did above. Thanks, aLf
  4. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I've tried several different ways of using Parenthesis. Each way seems to do the same end result in ISY. Can anyone explain the basic, and maybe more than basic use of these. Also I can understand in therory the difference in "IF" or "AND" Parenthesis, but what do you do when you have an IF and an AND in the same call. Thanks, aLf
  5. I agree completely. Reset everything. Unpack ISY and get started. The programming is simple and fool-proof. You'll NEVER look back. Oh and by the way sell Houselinc on eBay and you can recover $ome money. I've gotten fifty bucks for the old 2414's recently. Make sure to keep backing up as you go. aLf
  6. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Chris: When I manually updated the date for 2/29, the next day I went in and foud ISY again at 2/29, when it was at that time 3/1. I also noted that my Away program was not running else and showed False. In addition to that the KPL button and the APL were still Off. Then I noticed that the "run at reboot" had been taken off. I again manually updated the date to 3/1, then querried the APL (which was off), the program immediately went back to True. I then went into the program list and re-iniated the run at reboot option for that program. It has worked as advertised since. As far as your program fix, I don't think that was really my problem. My program was left with the KPL button off as well as the APL (both are linked together). They both were still off and I assume would be off if the power came back up after an outage (that's the reason I have both the button or the APL as IF statements). Anyway, The program status showed False instead of true until I querried it. My asking for insurance was that I need a backup program that will automatically reset the program to runelse or be true again. Maybe let me know if you can help me write a program that will do that. Thanks, aLf
  7. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Michel: Per the above, can I? IF KPL H is OFF or APL is OFF and Program 'AWAY' is FALSE THEN Program run else "AWAY" This assumes that the "IF" will show a false, even thogh it should be true. Then ISY would automatically turn the program back to TRUE and therefore rin else? Thanks, aLF
  8. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Michel: First of all, there is absolutely NO reason for you to appologize. The whole reason for my post is to help fix problems. Your invention has saved me many a restless night. We all had an extra night last month, but I slept well 2/29 as well. I appreciate the AWAY-FALSE email and will implement it. Did you guys also carch the "run at reboot" elimination as well? That is probably the biggest abnorm of the bug. Thank you for your input and ISY. aLf
  9. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I have a program which runs when I'm away. It looks at a KPL button that also is linked to an APL. Both are either On or Off. It has worked flawless until last weeks 2/29 bug. When that bug appeared (and I know it won't again), but it happened and something similar could pop-up agian. When we went through last weeks turmoil, ISY dropped the True Value of my program and went False (also dropped the run at reboot). In doing so, ISY fugured I was home and quit running the associated programs. No big deal, but I'd rather not have them off when I'm not here. I'd like an "insurance" program that would basicly run my AWAY program which for the most part just turns everything off on a regular schedule. I (and my wife) don't like lights turning off when we are here so I hate to revert back to a program that is tied to my KPL button and APL. Any ideas of a backup to my main program without causing me "at home" inconvienience would be appreciated. Thanks, aLf
  10. Also as per instructions, remotely reset date to computer. After I did a program that was running else dropped the TRUE and also the Run at Reboot option for that program. I manually tried to set it the Run at Reboot and the else with no luck. I then queried the APL that controls and all came back. I'll keep checking it,
  11. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Joe: Thanks for your thoughts. I have only two options, neither one involves the purchase of a second ISY. THERE WILL BE A SECOND ISY. The only question really is, Can I get the old X10 stuff to scene and operate OK with ISY? I only have a dozen or so 2300's in this place (#2) and the cost won't kill me. I hate to overbuild, but Insteon definetly is the better switch hands-down. And I can still re-coup $30 a switch on eBay. I'm 50x50 in both homes and do use the ISY remote function. House #1, I took every X10 out as it was a constant headache with power outages. #2 doesn't lose power very often so that isn't a huge concern. I know Insteon will still be better. Does the old X10 work in scenes, ect? Back to my original question, Can you ask ISY to include an old 2380 to turn on/off and scene OK? And can these old 8 button X10 Sh KP's work with ISY? The KP's will probably be the deal-breaker as I need them as the second backbone. Again, Thanks and I'm open to all banter. aLf
  12. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I've got one spectacular ISY setup in home #1. I never could have wished for more. Thank you Michel & team. My story is: In home #2 I have some original SH 2300 series switches and a couple old version X10, 8 button keypads. It is currently run by a (as you all know) a primitive, 1132CUP. It works, but my wife (who thought I was squandering our retirement on HA) now thinks that it would be nice to have a dimmer here and a dimmer there... Oh and by the way one of those nice switches with all the buttons would be nice in the Master Bedroom, etc. I'm now contemplating converting home #2 to full authority HA. Two questions: 1) Should I just bite the inevetable eBay sale and get rid of the SH 2300's and replace with Insteon. 2) If not, can I include all the X10 stuff easily through ISY as scenes, etc. I know all the drawbacks of X10 (many years of frustration) but also, they do work, they do respond and the should be way more manageable with ISY. I'd like to hear from others as to their results of trying. My wife is vulnerable, but I'm still basicaly cheap. I'm more than happy to add to Michel & Chris' IRA's, I'm not so sure I feel that benevelant to SH management. I'll go either way----You the ISYers will answer the questions. Thanks from Melmac. aLf
  13. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    I use internet connections all over the world and so far the time is the same. I'm wondering if its a local thing at the ISY DSL connection. aLf
  14. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    How long should it take to internet into your ISY from on the road? Mine seems to have slowed a bit (could be outside factors) from the first time I used the remote feature. Mine takes about 30-40 seconds to get in on average. Of course it is almost instantanious from my local network. Is ther any way to speed it up?
  15. aLf replied to aanthony's topic in ISY994
    Better reliability, more memory to allow more scenes. Oh and maybe a few more $ for the SH 2008 P&L Statement. Yes Virginia, with all the problems, all of us have had, they should be "upgrading" for free. aLf
  16. I'm starting this thread in hopes that all of us will share "cool" ideas of programs or scenes we have written. If you have a program or scene that you have found very functional and needed, please share it with everyone. So many times, an example is given for troubleshooting and a goes off, I'm sure that this thread will become a treasure chest of ISY gold. aLf
  17. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    Anybody written a program for notification of the following. I would like to write a program that would e-mail me if any of 30+ switches turned on, while away. I currently have an "AWAY" KPL button that works perfect. As an added piece of insurance, I'd like to be notified if any switch were >off. I've tried a program that utilizes MY LIGHTING as a whole, but there are a couple switches that I don't included in the "ALL OFF" sequence. THerefore, whatever is written has to be longhand of every switch. To sum it up, I would set my "AWAY" mode and (IF) any switch turned on, the first thing that would happen is a notification, then the "AWAY" mode would intercept and turn it off (probably before) I could even internet into ISY. Thanks, aLf
  18. aLf replied to Zellarman's topic in ISY994
    Zellerman: Just did the same as royce spelled out and it works well. You have to learn the inner guts of your modem (which with a certain person at UD) I was able to do in a few hours. We made my ISY a static (internal) address and I now have DYNDNS that gets updated from my modem and I always can see my ISY. I've had some problems with my DSL service and I'm still not 100% sure I'm out of the water, but the past two weeks it has worked flawless. Good luck. I'm still learning as I go. I hope you have the same luck. aLf
  19. Oh boy, don't get me going! This is one class company and one class bunch of guys. I think that nothing gets him down, but I know better. Hope you are feeling better. With many thanks. aLf
  20. You could use one of those Table Top holders SH sells or make one yourself that would hold a KPL. If you were real creative you could build one into a nite stand side. There has to be an outlet somewhere that is hidden from veiw. If only we could get ISY to turn off all backlighting during hours we didn't want it! Is there a way to do that Chris or Michel? aLf
  21. Don't know how many different times you get up, but an 8 button KPL would work. IF A is on, then do 7:00AM, If B is on, then do 7:15, etc. IF A&B are on, then do 7:30. Endless possibilities. Oh and by the way. No box for another KPL, then just remove an outlet and put a KPL in there. It might be low, but still works. Just hope the cat doesn't rub up agianst it, you might oversleep. aLf
  22. DBaldwin: I hope this helps... I too had your problem. Easy fix. I set one KPL button to control an ApplianceLinc. Then set ISY to "monitor" that KPL button as follows; IF KPL "H" is off or ApplianceLinc XXX is off Then Run: (Your program) Else: None This way you can run any program you can think of while away, with the security of the KPL button or the ApplianceLinc. I have the program as Run at Reboot, and if the KPL works as advertised, it will come on as OFF after a power outage. The ApplianceLince also comes on as Off (only late ApplianceLinc's) after an outage. So far I've had zero problems with the vacation mode. Since I've installed Internet and can monitor the "status" of my network, all has shown me nothing but a warm fuzzy knowing that the lights are finally where I want them. I have many power outages. Hope this helps, aLf
  23. Chris: Hi. Wouldn't it be safe to say that the "FOR" is really for periods associated with a variable, like say sunrise. From sunrise for 1 hour, etc. Otherwise, if one wanted a fixed time for an hour, you'd be best to go from -to hard times? Or is ther some other real reason for "FOR"? aLf
  24. Are we all missing something here? Mine never had that "queery" either. Should every ISY have it put back in? What will it do long run for me? Thanks. aLf
  25. aLf replied to drw's topic in ISY994
    drw & Chris; Don't be so sure that ISY (programs) is the culprit of the errant Insteon power-ups after a power outage and subsequent return of power! I met my ISY for just that reason. I have 30+ Insteon devices and our home is the recipient of MANY outages. At one point I returned after several days to find a bunch of lights burning---for days. SH never got the Houselinc BS together, thankfully. That led me to UD, ISY and Michel's team. This little box has saved the day (and $) for me and my errant turn ons. I have written each device into an "all off" program which runs every 15 minutes when I'm not home (controlled by a KPL button). I'd highly suggest you and anyone who fears the power outage to do the same. All this thanks to Chris and Michel!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.