Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

aLf

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aLf

  1. I had a lamplinc that I removed from my system. To clean up ISY, I right moused the scene which contained the LL and a KPL button. I selected remove scene. My system then showed "Request Failed" and the "System Busy" progress bar continues to scroll. I exited ISY and re-entered and the "System Busy" continues. What is happeneing and how do I stop it? All I wanted to do was remove the scene and the Appliancelinc... aLf
  2. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    Been logging into ISY 99, 2.7, remotely. Today I've gotten a pop-up message that says "Event Recieved for a different Subscription;Restart!" What does that mean? aLf
  3. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    Just a simple "hows it work" question... I have several fairly elaborate computer programs that arrive at (their) times for sunrise and sunset for an exact Lat/Long, (aviation thing). Each one comes up with a time within 3-4 minutes of each other. ISY included. None of them agree. When you guys programmed ISY, how did you come to the figures that ISY spits out per my Lat/Long? It really doesn't make a hill of beans when you are within a few minutes, I just wonder why a computer algorithm would vary so much from one vendor to the next. Oh and by the way, I have taken my hours and minutes of degrees down to five decimal points. Example, N 42.32.28, W087.51.22 equals, N 42.53800 W087.85367 Again, only an inquiring mind. aLf
  4. aLf replied to drw's topic in ISY994
    Michel: Thanks for your insight again! I kinda figured that the run times were just messed up due to the change. As far as your comment re: "in memory display bug". Do you mean that this is a bug being worked on, just discovered, or don't let it bother you Tim? I did manually go in and re-checked the box and it now show "run at start up again". Thanks, aLf
  5. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Mike(s): Thanks. I'm now re-living the whole reason why I converted the bigger home over to Insteon! The X-10 stuff is really old. At the time they were all we had, but today, I guess I'll just have to help stimulate the economy, eventually. I appreciate your inputs and will indeed go slow. Good news is that the condo does not need near the technology that the lake home does with all its landscape and decorative lighting there. I guess all told I'll need 8-10 SL's and a couple KPL's, AP's and I'll be up. Regards, aLf
  6. aLf replied to drw's topic in ISY994
    Michel: Posted this earlier on another thread and never got a response. I've since corrected the time issues by "forcing" them through toggling Home & Away. None are a big deal, but wondered if there is a simple answer to why it happened. The Run at Startup is the most troubling. To fix that I physically had to go in (remotely) and re-add the run at startup call to that particular program. I assume that at DST the time moved and therefore the last runs and next runs couldn't keep up? Just wanted you to have a picture of what I saw. aLf
  7. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    No Access Points now. But If I even add (1) Insteon it will be needed? No signal bridge now. Always been iffy, but then it's X10! aLf
  8. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I've been operating the 26 for a couple years with Insteon only. I recently upgraded that home to a 99 (best investment since buying the 26). The 99 home is strictly Insteon and I have a great grasp on its use. The old 26 will become the master of my second home, which is currently 100% X-10 (SH 2300 series switches). Not having done any X10 with the ISY. What do I need to get the "rotten" signals to be seen on ISY? I eventually I will add (or maybe replace) to all Insteon, but in the meantime I'd like to get the X10 stuff on board and get rid of the 2414U. Do I need Accesspoints? How about a signal bridge across the two phases? Any other "repeater" type modules? Any info would be appreciated. I know that I should just part with the $ and go over to Insteon, but I'd rather preserve the $ right now. Thanks, aLf
  9. SSL

    aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Michel: Thanks. I thought that that is what you explained the other day. Today was my first chance to try it remotely. Funny thing is that I didn't get that screen on site! Maybe because there, I'm on the 192 network? Thanks again for explaining one more time. aLf
  10. SSL

    aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I get this: There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority. The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. Click here to close this webpage. Continue to this website (not recommended). More information If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting. When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com. If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website. For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help. Now when I log into my new 99 remotely. Is it normal or somehow do I need to make it legitimate? I just click on the disregard and it goes in. Just doesn't make sense to have to do this every time... Thanks aLf
  11. DST

    aLf replied to KR's topic in ISY994
    Just a note of question! I just upgraded to a 99 (from a 26), at the same time I installed 2.7. Last night as well passed through DST, I noted all my "Last Run", Last Finish", and "Next Scheduled" boxes became empty? Also I have one program that "Runs at Start-up". The program no longer showed that it should run at start-up. I (remotely) re-set the run at startup. I'm concerned how this happened and wheter there are any other un-seen things lurking! aLf
  12. NewTech: Yes, that is the site. You'll set up an account, picking a "you'll only know" URL name (They have 100's to choose from). After that you'll setup the account with the first IP addres which you'll get from http://www.whatsmyip.com . Then you have to get inside your router and you'll find a dynamic DNS setting that will ask for your account and password information. It is VERY easy and I'm confident you'll be OK. After the initial setup, you shouldn'y have to do a thing and just let them change your IP address all they want. aLf
  13. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Thanks, worked too.
  14. NewTrch: It is very simple, 1. Setup a DYNDNS account (its free) 2. Pick a log on name, i.e., www.newtech.mydns.com 3. set your modem to utilized DYNDNS and access (name & password) From there on you will loginto you ISY by typing (again) i.e., www.newtech.mydns.com: your ISY port # is". When the ISP switches your address, your modem will call up your DYNDNS acount and update the IP address, which in turn will re-direct you to your ISY. Works flawless, I'm no better at the network stuff than you, but it worked very simple to setup. aLf PS. Just a quick save you tip. When and if you ever update your DYNDNS password, be sure to update that in the router as well. Without the proper passwords, thre router will not update.
  15. As always, thanks to you guys. This place is unbelievable! I've never seen a collection of superb and briliant guys. Starts at UD management and trickles down through t he user ranks.
  16. OK, disregard, I inadvertantly had "ands" instead of "ifs". Now it works, but initially the G button goes out immediately. I have to re-pres the G button in order to hav it reflect the status of the scene. I'm assuming that it is evaluating faster than the status of each SL can register! Any ides on how to work around that? aLf
  17. Mike & Rand: I'm really scrathing now. Here is what I did... If Status 'KIT KPL G' is not Off And ( Status 'Antlers' is not 35% And Status 'Collar Tie SW' is not 36% And Status 'Fireplace Downlight' is not 51% And Status 'Irma Lamp APL' is not On And Status 'Kitchen Cabinet Above' is not 38% And Status 'Kitchen Cabinet Below' is not 31% And Status 'Kitchen Island Pendant' is not 20% And Status 'Kitchen Sink Pendant' is not 22% And Status 'Stairway Sconce Loft' is not 27% And Status 'Stairway Sconce Lower' is not 27% ) Then Set Scene 'KIT KPL G Sync' Off Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')Note that "KIT KPL G Sync" is a scene that only contains the KPL G as a responder. It doesn't work! aLf
  18. NewTech: My ISP does this almost daily. Your best option is DYNDNS (or another Dynamic Company). Once setup, you will have an account (and a name you can pick) that will be refreshed anytime the internet address you have gets changed. You will have to setup your router to link the two, but it is very simple. DYNDNS says they will update your IP address in hours, but I've never seen mine done at all, and like I said mine changes daily. My ISP tried to sell me on "Business Class" DSL to fix their constant IP address changes. Thanks to Michel here at UD, I fixed it for free. Even if your company tells you that you have a static address, they just changed it and that is probably why you can't access. aLf
  19. Rand: Thanks. So the old way of having the KPL button as a controller wont work? Right now I have a scene that hass all the SL's as responders and the KPL button as controller. When I trigger the scene with t he KPL the players allalign as they should. Problem is that when any of the SL's are changed, even a few %, I'd like the KPL button to go out. So I'm stumped as to how to remove the controller (KPL button) so it can reflect staus of the scene? What will turn the scene on?
  20. Rand: Could you post an example. aLf
  21. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Rand: No. The second one to turn OFF is the one that stays TRUE all day. aLf
  22. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Program 2 stays True all day long! Not sure if that is right. aLf
  23. I'm sorry if I'm dense, but I've read the follow-ups on this topic and I still can't get a the fix. I have a night scene that contains several SL's controlled by a KPL. It works great! The problem that I can't get fixed is that if any of the SL's get moved at all while the scene is set will do as it is supposed to, it turns that particular light to the then asked for level. It leaves the KPL button (non load) ON. I just can't figue out what code to write that will turn the scene OFF (because one SL is not in compliance. There are 8 SL's involved so any fix will have to be written for each SL. Again, sorry for my not getting it! aLf
  24. aLf replied to Michaelv's topic in ISY994
    tazal: By NO means was I looking for an argument! I appreciate your insight on the subject. Some I knew, some I didn't. I wishI had a better "in depth" feel for the router and forwarding. I'm learning as I go. The basics I get, but when stuff happens I have to dig deeper. For instance, I can access items on my "private" side with a cell phone IF the device does not have a port assigned. If the port exists, it can be seen on a 3G network but not on the Edge network? If I assign the same item a private address on Edge without the port, it works. Now that one is way over my head. Also I learned in setting up my ISY99 that an HTTPS site (ISY99) does not require a port in the address, just simply my URL through DYNDNS, why is that? And further, if you had more than one HTTPS item on the Private network, how would the router, route? Is it possible to take security to the next level, on say a camera that has an HTTP address and bring it to HTTPS? Oh and I always figured that it was a 1 in 60000+ shot of someone guessing the port assigned to an item, but in therory, couldn't one after they have your DYNDNS address simply keep trying port #'s until they hit? This is the reason I hate to make any of my cameras public domain as then the DYNDNS address is known. I struggle with this and whether I'm doing it right. Any insight you have on security will be appreciated by me, and I hope others as well. Thanks, aLf
  25. I have not had a querry for two years! Should I insert one? If so, what is the best code? aLf

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.