Everything posted by epete
-
Insteon acquired and servers coming back up
...from todays Insteon email... What happened to smarthome.com? Another entity has purchased the smarthome.com domain – Insteon is no longer connected to Smarthome. You’ll be able to buy Insteon products directly through Insteon.com and other partners in the future.
-
Scene or Device? Want to be able to control dimming & properly reflect the status on all switches configured for teh light.
Thanks again. You are too helpful. It may take a few reads to catch on.
-
Scene or Device? Want to be able to control dimming & properly reflect the status on all switches configured for teh light.
When I configure the portal to expose an Insteon Dimmer Switch I can control the light dimming level, however I typically use scenes to connect a light with a dimming switch as many of my switches are 3-Way or 4-Way. This means when I use Alexa, the device turns on but not all of the switches reflect the change. If I configure the portal to expose the scene, then all switches reflect the change, but I cannot control the dimming level as that is set by the scene. Are there any work arounds for this?
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
I went on vacation after my 19 May Post. It is strange that this issue just went away on its own. I no longer get these emails. Checked the battery in the sensor and everything is working. System is still up and running. I should probably get the sensor wet and see if I get the alert.
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
I appreciate all of the guidance. Thanks. I will give that a try, if it doesn't work, I am sure I can delete and re-enter. It was working for quite some time before this, so it is something I can do.
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
... I I just noticed I still got the error A problem has been detected with a leak sensor. Details below: Kitchen Sink: 1 Laundry Room: HVAC Room: ---Status Key--- 1 = Heartbeat OK (normal status) 2 = Heartbeat missed 3 = Heartbeat check program not running 9 = Leak detected After you receive an alert on your mobile device, reset the Leak Sensor by tapping the set button and return the Leak Sensor to its location. Maybe time to reboot the ISY, then see if the programs saved or corrupted again
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
There was no reason. So I guess not only a wasted step, but one that potentially introduced problems.
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
oh, I did update the ISY firmware recently and did a backup and restore. I should probably check all of my programs.
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
ok, it was a fast fix. Made the updates and saved changes. I guess I will find out at 6:00 PM is it is working again.
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
Thank you for pointing this out. I have no idea how that happened. Everything was configured when I first set this up. I should check my last back-up copy. Thanks again.
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
I didn't know you could copy the code so easily. Thanks =================================================================================== Leak Sensors - [ID 0038][Parent 0001] Folder Conditions for 'Leak Sensors' If - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition') Then Allow the programs in this folder to run. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HVAC - Variable Control 1 - [ID 003A][Parent 0038] If 'HVAC-Dry / HVAC-Wet' Status is On Then $sLeakHVAC = 9 Else Wait 10 seconds $sLeakHVAC = 1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HVAC - Variable Control 3 - [ID 003E][Parent 0038] If $sLeakHVAC is 1 And Time is Last Run Time for <Not Specified> + 26 hours Then Wait 5 seconds $sLeakHVAC = 3 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HVAC- Variable Control 2 - [ID 003C][Parent 0038] If 'HVAC-Dry / HVAC-Heartbeat' is switched On Or 'HVAC-Dry / HVAC-Heartbeat' is switched Off Then Wait 25 hours and 10 seconds $sLeakHVAC = 2 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- KitchenSink - Variable Control 1 - [ID 0035][Parent 0038] If 'Kitchen Sink Leak-Dry / Kitchen Sink Leak-Wet' Status is On Then $sLeakKitchenSink = 9 Else Wait 10 seconds $sLeakKitchenSink = 1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- KitchenSink - Variable Control 2 - [ID 0036][Parent 0038] If 'Kitchen Sink Leak-Dry / Kitchen Sink Leak Heartbeat' is switched On Or 'Kitchen Sink Leak-Dry / Kitchen Sink Leak Heartbeat' is switched Off Then Wait 25 hours and 10 seconds $sLeakKitchenSink = 2 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- KitchenSink - Variable Control 3 - [ID 0037][Parent 0038] If $sLeakKitchenSink is 1 And Time is Last Run Time for <Not Specified> + 26 hours Then Wait 5 seconds $sLeakKitchenSink = 3 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Laundry - Variable Control 1 - [ID 0039][Parent 0038] If 'Laundry Sink-Dry / Laundry Sink-Wet' Status is On Then $sLeakLaundry = 9 Else Wait 10 seconds $sLeakLaundry = 1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Laundry - Variable Control 2 - [ID 003B][Parent 0038] If 'Laundry Sink-Dry / Laundry Sink-Heartbeat' is switched On Or 'Laundry Sink-Dry / Laundry Sink-Heartbeat' is switched Off Then Wait 25 hours and 10 seconds $sLeakLaundry = 2 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Laundry - Variable Control 3 - [ID 003D][Parent 0038] If $sLeakLaundry is 1 And Time is Last Run Time for <Not Specified> + 26 hours Then Wait 5 seconds $sLeakLaundry = 3 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Leak Sensor Activation - [ID 0040][Parent 0038] If $sLeakKitchenSink is 9 Or $sLeakLaundry is 9 Or $sLeakHVAC is 9 Then Send Notification to 'Default' content 'Leak Sensor Activation' Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Leak Sensor Problem - [ID 0041][Parent 0038] If ( Time is 9:00:00AM Or Time is 6:00:00PM ) And ( $sLeakHVAC is not 1 Or $sLeakKitchenSink is not 1 Or $sLeakLaundry is not 1 ) Then Send Notification to 'Default' content 'Leak Sensor Problem' Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Leak Startup - [ID 003F][Parent 0038][Run At Startup] If $iStartUp is 0 Then Run Program <Not Specified> (Then Path) Run Program <Not Specified> (Then Path) Run Program <Not Specified> (Then Path) Wait 5 seconds $iStartUp = 1 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
ok, Sensor Status Kitchen Sink Leak-Dry=On Kitchen Sink Leak Heartbeat=On Kitchen Sink Leak-Wet=Off And my program has the "is not 1" statements, so maybe it is an issue with one of my other two sensors. The other two leak sensors do not say "1" for their status so maybe their Null status is initiating the emails. A problem has been detected with a leak sensor. Details below: Kitchen Sink: 1 Laundry Room: HVAC Room: ---Status Key--- 1 = Heartbeat OK (normal status) 2 = Heartbeat missed 3 = Heartbeat check program not running 9 = Leak detected
-
Leak Sensor Question [Cookbook Item 11.6.1.3 Setup - Core Components]
I implemented the Leak Sensor Program in the ISY Cookbook. It has been working fine for quite some time until recently I had some water under my kitchen sink. I reset the Sensor but now I get email notifications on just the Leak Sensor that was under the Kitchen Sink stating "1 = Heartbeat OK (normal status)" Questions. What is the point of the Normal Status? When operating normal I don't want to be notified. Why is this in the program at all? Why didn't I get this notification before the Leak Sensor detected water and why do all of my other Leak Sensors operate normally and do not send me this message? Am I doing something wrong? I thought I understood the logic of this program until now and am a bit confused. Thanks http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/production/The+ISY994+Home+Automation+Cookbook.pdf
-
Compatible Motion Sensors
Thank you for the offer. I wanted to post that I have purchased these 3 motion detectors so folks know these are no longer available.
-
Compatible Motion Sensors
Thanks everyone. The Aeotec looks like a nice device. I may just wait on that to have a bit more availability. Not sure I want to pay over $80 for it at the moment.
- Compatible Motion Sensors
-
Compatible Motion Sensors
I am looking for a Motion Sensor that is compatible with ISY. I have the ZWAVE module but no ZWAVE devices so I am not sure that is a good solution. Insteon Motion Sensors are impossible to find anymore. I have Polisy Pro but do not have it connected. Still haven't quite figured it out with the limited time I have. Do folks have experience with Non Insteon Motion sensors that have some sort of connection to ISY that can be used?
-
KeypadLink 8 and non standard Scenes
oh, nice. Got it. Thank you for that. By the way, the space that I used for the 8 button keypad was originally a switched outlet that I simply wired as permanently on so the A Button has no load and is capped off.
-
KeypadLink 8 and non standard Scenes
Given I am limited to 8 buttons, but have many more devices I would like to control; I would like to program my 8 button KeyPad link to light up if any light in the living room is on and then pressing the lit button will turn all lights of in the living room. Pressing the button when the button is not lit, would simply turn on the scene with all lights in the living room. I would like to do this for each room in the house (Dining Room, Family Room. Kitchen, Outdoors, Basement). The main use would be to understand where lights are still on at night and simply shutting off an area at night without having to go to that specific room to do so. Anyone have a suggestion on the most efficient way to program this?
-
Local Admin Console
My problem is now resolved, while the SW was cautioning not to power down the unit, that was the ultimate solution. A power cycle fixed all of my issues.
-
Local Admin Console
I am also seeing the 'ISY was not able to load nodes'
-
Local Admin Console
ok, I think it was working all along. When launching I now see an Admin Console (LAN), Admin Console (Cloud) and Dashboard. I used to only see Admin Console and Dashboard. I was now using Admin Console (LAN) as I am local and this was and is giving me the mismatch. When I select Admin Console (Cloud) I can access. Not sure if this is a problem or not but at least I can connect again. Now that I have connected I have also upgraded to 5.3.3
-
Local Admin Console
ok, will try again. I have been on 5.3.0 since the beginning of the year. I only learned there was a 5.3.3 today when trying to connect with my Surface. I was not upgrading from 5.0.16C no matter what the software thinks I am doing.
-
Local Admin Console
ok, will try again. I have been on 5.3.0 since the beginning of the year. I only learned there was a 5.3.3 today when trying to connect with my Surface. I was not upgrading from 5.0.16C no matter what the software thinks I am doing.