ISY-994i LED's compared to the ISY-99i

gatchel

Is it just me or are the LED's on the front of the 994i much much brighter than the 99i?

I have my ISY location near my TV stuff and the LED's face the viewers. I an thinking of making a welders glass (plastic) piece to set in front of the LED array. Or maybe void the warranty and change a resistor or two... 8)

Anyone that has upgraded care to comment?

This has been documented in an older post. The old 99i with the Green LEDs are much dimmer than the newer 99i and 994i with the Blue LEDs. The LEDs were changed to a brighter version because of requests from the field that the Green LEDs could not be seen. It was suggested that a future hardware design change allow the LED brightness to be set. I’ll update this post when I can find the older topic.

Here is link to Dec 2011 topic regarding Blue LED brightness. Multiple posts by Michel.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7725

I did search but my "Search fu" was not strong...

It would be cool to see a PWM controlled front panel LED brightness for those of us that like to be able to use the IR capability without hiding the ISY and using repeaters. Like the other post said, you can't please everyone. In the scheme of this this is very minor and easily remedied.

Thanks for the link to the other thread.

Hello everyone,

Actually for the last 5 batches, we decreased the brightness a little. Unfortunately we cannot dim it more without a HW design change and, at the moment, we do not have any such plans.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't expect you to change hardware at this point for such a trivial thing. This can easily be remedied.

Archived