Auto DR scene?

tome

AutoDR is Automatic Demand Response. Where supported, it allows the utility (power company) to send a message that the ISY would react to by turning off heavy loads during peak times. There is likely more to it but that is my understanding. The AutoDR scene I believe is where you would place the "Heavy Loads" that should be turned off on request.

-Xathros

Could we get an option to not have that (and maybe some other things like ISY ON/OFF) listed in the HTML UD interface?

As to not crowd the scene view with stuff I don't want family members to accidentally toggle on/off that they can't or shouldn't use.

• 2 months later...

I had wondered what the AutoDR scene was for, now that I know, I would kindly ask to give us the option to remove it. There is a HUGE battle here in Michigan over government-mandated SMARTmeters and I do not wish to have any technology in my home that would appear as if I support these measures, especially given the latest revelations of privacy violations by the US government.

Hello backinthelab,

Not only I very much understand your sentiments but also I do agree. You can remove the scene.

Please note that ISY does NOT in any shape or form communicate with any other entity outside of your home WITHOUT your explicit permission/intervention. Actually, this is the one feature that we are promoting all over the place: Autonomous --> no data going out and no commands coming in. You ARE in control.

With kind regards,

Michel

If

* We do not subscribe to "big data"

* It's only useable when explicitly allowed

* It would only do something if devices are put in the scene

* NOBODY wants it

Why not just get rid of it??!

Workaround: I have renamed mine "~z UNUSED Auto DR". At least that way I remember to ignore it.

If anyone thinks it should be there, please make a checkbox somewhere in Configuration, System. Or better yet, Configuration, OpenADR.

:wink:

Archived