Sprinkler Program Problem

jmed999

I was doing a catch can test today to determine how much water is provided by my sprinkler system in one are of my yard. To do this I wrote a program for a couple zones that applies water to that area. The program is below...

If
  - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')
Then
       Set 'Sprinkler System / 3-Front Right (Near Driveway)' On
       Wait  45 minutes 
       Set 'Sprinkler System / 2-Front Middle' On
       Wait  15 minutes 
       Set 'Sprinkler System / 2-Front Middle' Off
       Send Notification to 'My e-mail' content 'Lawn Sprinklers Stopped'
Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The problem is about 30 min into this program my sprinklers on zone 3 stopped. The device status for zone 3 continued to say "On" even though the sprinklers stopped. I queried and it still said "On". After the 45 min run time the middle zone turned on. I have noticed this before while doing the catch can test.

Anyone have any idea what could make the zone 3 sprinklers stop? I had the level 3 event viewer on but when the sprinklers stopped the event viewer didn't have anything related to that sprinkler zone. I'm wondering if the zones are stopping prematurely while I'm asleep.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I see NOTHING in this program that would cause anything to stop. I also see nothing that would cause anything to START. This makes me suspect that there are factors outside this program causing your problems. Are there other programs which call this one? Are there other programs which call on sprinklers?

What are the "zone3" sprinklers?

jmed999-

I don't have irrigation gear yet so I am just guessing here. Is there a setting for the valve controller that set a maximum open time for any valve? Seems like it would be a good safety feature to prevent a flood due to a missed communication event.

-Xathros

EDIT: Thanks LeeG! :)

Archived