Issues with 4.05

sdrexler11791

I just purchased an ISY994IR. I love it. However, I need help with the following.

1. Notifications. I have tried both the default settings and the SMTP settings for all my e-mail addresses including Verizon, Hotmail and gmail. I can send not test messages to send with any of them to my email or xxxxxxxx@vtext.com. Is this working? Hotmail gives me a TLS protocol error, the default gives me no error, but I never receive anything. The Verizon and gmail settings give me server related errors.

2. Can't purchase modules. When I click on purchase modules, I am taken to a web page that show the modules and their prices, but there is no way to make a purchase.

Try setting a static IP address for your ISY and use 8.8.8.8 for the DNS server address. Check Tools / Error Log and see if there is anything there to indicate what the failure is.

-Xathros

Well, the notifications do work without changing the DNS, but only if I send them to my gmail address.

Also, the configuration for notifications seems to lock up often and seems to be generally buggy. I have to restart the admin module to get it to work.

Not a common problem so I suspect some PC issues. Do you have a different one to install the latest admin console from and try?

If the problem follows you, then we have to dig deeper. Uninstalling Java and running their total clean up routine, rebooting, reinstalling might be a wise step.

Also I find sometimes different browsers can be an issue, which one are you using and it's version please.

While you are at it do the help about and post the screen capture of that dialog too.

Well, it is working now using the default mail server. Not sure what changed. Only vtext does not work, but that seems to be a Verizon issue as I can not send a text message from my regular e-mail and I am guessing Verizon blocks this to prevent spam.

I just wan to say.. I LOVE THIS DEVICE!!!

I had a smartlinc before this and it is like night in day in terms of capability and reliability, What a great product.

I got a single vtext message yesterday, and not getting any after that. I have put a trigger linc on the basement door, which should send a bevvy of text messages. I moved the triggerlinc last night and I think I inadvertantly factory reset it by holding down the set button too long with the sensor :oops: .

Watch the program last run time which sends the notification. If you see a last completed and no text message comes, check the error log and see if anything is there.

Now off to find my phone and check that myself to find out what is up, the kids leave the basement door closed which blocks a fan, which brings the COLD basement air upstairs. 58 in the basement, 72 upstairs!

Alan

Archived