Switching to ISY 994i from 99

andrew77

Hi guys;

Quick (and maybe stupid) question.

I just received my 994i to replace a non functioning 99i

Can i just pop out the smart cards and transfer the data with my computer card reader to retain all my scenes etc.

or do I have to start again?

I have a back up but a usual its probably a few months old and I'd have to re program a few things.

Just asking.

Drew

I switched from the 99 to the 994i (found a proper backup)

The GUI looks the same as far as the programs and scenes I had but now I find that theres a lot of discrepancies as far as programs etc… from what I had previously.

For example

I have a night timer that now turns on a different light and my programs don't seem to work.

Is there a difference (besides the obvious) between the 99i and the 994i that would decode some stuff from a backup differently than its predecessor?

I also don't receive emails from the ISY when a notification should be sent. +edit+ (fixed this issue, it was switched from default)

(I also see scenes that i didnt have before, remnants from old scenes? they are named Scene 97 etc…)

Just asking before I have to pick through everything one by one and fix them.

Drew

Hi Drew,

It seems that your backup is not the reflection of reality. At this point, it's best to:

1. Backup your 994

2. Copy the contents of your 99/CONF (including all sub directories) SD Card

3. Remove the contents of your 994/CONF SD Card

4. Paste the contents of #2 into 994/CONF directory

Although not advised, I really do not see a better option at the moment.

With kind regards,

Michel

My programs still don't trigger.

I switched the contents of the CONF like you mentioned.

Is it because I programmed the programs with the old ISY?

(Clearly I'm just swinging in the dark here haha)

If I have to as a last resort I can try to delete a program, redo it and see if it works. I assume it will

I can spend the next little while changing them one by one if that's the only option.

Will you be working on the KPL bug?

Drew

Hi Drew,

I do not know what's a KPL bug and, unless you think this is related, I do not wish to mix them up.

Need more information about your programs:

1. Contents of one that does not work

2. Whether or not it's inside a folder with condition

3. Do you see status changes for your devices in the Admin Console whey you physically activate them?

If you wish, you can respond to support@universal-devices.com as it'll be much quicker.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived